I’m like in a chocolate coma. But, don’t wake me. I’m in a chocolate state of mind, ya know? Chocoholics Unite!
Are you drooling yet? I’ve been there, done that. 🙂
You’re gonna jump bail for this dark chocolate obsession! It’s definitely a keeper!
Dark Chocolate Silk Pie! It's Delectable!
- 1 Pie Crust baked and cooled
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 6 ounces unsweetened chocolate or dark chocolate bar coarsely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup butter softened
- Whipped cream
- 1 -2 Dark Chocolate Candy Bars coarsely chopped
Dark Chocolate Filling
- In small saucepan, mix sugar and eggs together and mix until well blended.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly until temperature reaches 160° and mixture coats the back of a spoon. Remove from the heat.
- Stir in chocolate and vanilla until smooth, stirring occasionally to reach lukewarm 90°.
- In a large bowl, using a mixer, cream butter until light and fluffy.
- Add cooled egg mixture and beat on high speed for 5 minutes or so.
- Pour into baked crust and refrigerate for at least 2-3 hours before serving, make it 6 hours for extra firm filling.
- Garnish with whipped cream and chopped dark chocolate.