I've got a wonderful old-fashioned, delicious pie recipe for you, if you are a custard lover! This irresistible creamy,
I absolutely love custard! Look how delicious! Who wants a slice with me? Serve warm or at room temperature and add some whipped cream to top it off. It's a must!
If you want something a little different than your traditional pumpkin pie during the holidays, but want to keep it in the pumpkin category, you may want to try this!
OMG Pie Heaven!
More Custard Temptations!
Let's go whip this up! It's absolutely delicious!
Amish Country Pumpkin Custard Pie
- 1 9" bought pie crust, standard size, not deep dish bake according to instructions for adding fillings to the crust so the crust doesn't become soggy (blind-bake)
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ⅓ teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger can also use 2 tablespoons chopped crystallized ginger if you love ginger!
- Dash of nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons cognac or bourbon can be used if you want to add some zing! add it with the rest of the ingredients in step 2
- Place baked pie shell on a baking sheet. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F
- In a large mixing bowl, lightly beat eggs. Add heavy cream, salt, sugar, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and pumpkin. Mix well and carefully pour mixture into baked pastry shell.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F and continue baking 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes or until a knife point inserted in the center of the pie comes out clean. Custard will still jiggle. Serve pie warm or at room temperature. Garnish with whipped cream.
- Store leftovers covered in refrigerator.
Recipe slightly modifed from Allrecipes