I named these cookies 'Thick 'n Fudgy' Chocolate Explosion Cookies for very good reason(s). As I may have mentioned just a couple hundred thousand times in my life...Chocolate is my obsession! So, these tempting cookies definitely pass the test with pure chocolate explosions of love in every bite! 4 kinds of chocolate! Yay! We've got it by George!
I love to bake, I love chocolate, thus 'The Baking ChocolaTess' was founded, when I actually decided to start blogging about what I love! Desserts, Baking & Chocolate!!! The 'ChocolaTess' is basically just a cute little title bestowing my loyalty and passion to ta-daaaa... 'Chocolate'!
Chocolate is my all time favorite foodie crush in the whole universe. I don't care if it's served alone or with a partner in crime like caramel, mint or peanut butter. I'm perfectly happy. My long-time bff, Chocolate...We've been through a lot together. We depend on each other, you could say!
What is Chocolate?
Chocolate is a sweet explosion of a rich, creamy, decadent, sweet seductive feast of absolute heaven that kicks it out of this world. NO wonder it's called the love drug, a.k.a aphrodisiac. Plus, it always makes me feel better! It seems to work wonders!
These sinful, loaded chocolate cookies are best warm, with a huge glass of milk. Not for the faint of heart if you love chocolate like me. 🙂
More Chocolate Explosions of Love you will probably need in your life! 🙂
'Thick 'n Fudgy' Chocolate Explosion Cookies
- 1 cup butter. softened
- 1½ cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup Your favorite chocolate spread Nutella, Cadbury, Justin's or peanut butter
- 2 ½ cups all purpose flour
- ⅔ cup unsweetened cocoa powder like Hershey's
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups Dark or semi-sweet chocolate chips reserve ½ cup for tops of cookies
- 1 ½ cups Milk Chocolate Chips reserve ½ cup for tops of cookies
- Optional: Spreadable Chocolate for drizzling
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a baking pan with non-stick spray, parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Using a mixer, cream the butter, sugar, and vanilla until creamy and fluffy.
- Add in the eggs and Spreadable Chocolate and mix until just combined.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and mix until incorporated. The dough will be thick.
- Stir in 1 cup of dark and 1 cup of milk chocolate chips.
- Cover dough and place in fridge for 30 minutes or so.
- Using a large scoop, scoop the dough balls out and then roll the dough into even balls. Flatten just a tad and with the ½ cups of each of the reserved dark and milk chocolate chips left, gently press several chips into the tops of the cookies.
- Place on baking sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes and transfer to a cooling rack.
- When you take the cookies out of the oven, they will look underdone, thick and puffy-looking, which will make them soft and fudgy!
- If you want to add some extra chocolate 'oomph', melt some Spreadable Chocolate in the microwave for 60 - 90 seconds and spoon into a plastic ziploc bag.
- Snip small hole in tip, squeeze and drizzle back and forth on cookies.
Warm up cookies in microwave for a warm sweet treat! 🙂 Don't forget the milk!