Chocolate lovers, we have a new chocolate delight and we're using Sonic Chocolate Shake Pudding!! There's nothing better than a good old-fashioned, no-bake Sonic Chocolate Shake Pudding Cream Pie involving a super easy whipped chocolate pudding all layered inside your favorite pie crust. We topped it off with a heaping mound of whipped cream and chocolate shavings. Heart please be still!
This chocolate cream pie is inviting for any time of year, but it's especially uplifting in the summertime when you’re looking for a no-bake chocolate pie recipe and no fuss!
The hard part is figuring out what pie crust to pick. Pre-made oreo, nilla or graham cracker and pastry crusts are definitely fuss-free and saves time, but conjure up your favorite crust if you prefer to make your own and just add the filling, etc and you're good to go.
For a frozen version, I would recommend using a oreo crust or any kind of cookie crust, instead of pastry. Let it thaw for 15 minutes, then dig in on hot sunny days!
The creamy milk chocolate filling is so lush and light and it holds together so well, without falling apart. That's the worst sinking feeling when you've waited for your pudding to set up when you cut into the pie and ker-plop!
UGH! You still eat it, because it's chocolate pudding pie for God's sakes, but dang it!!
So for the filling, it’s just 4 ingredients!
Sweetened condensed milk, milk, instant chocolate pudding, grated chocolate and whipped cream! Super easy, super yummy and super amazing! It could not be easier and that makes us happy and joyous. Can you feel the love?
For the instant pudding we used Sonic Chocolate Shake Pudding being that it's summer and it really does taste like a chocolate shake. There are other flavors like strawberry, banana and root beer, so you can have a lot of fun with incorporating these pudding flavors and change them up as desired.
My friend, Diana made these Sonic Strawberry Bundt Cakes with the Strawberry Shake flavor and they were delightful! You should give them a try. If you don't have the mini bundt pans, make some cupcakes! Totally worth the YUM!
Milk and whipped cream make up the last 2 ingredients for the pudding filling! Top off the pie with some extra whipped cream and chocolate shavings for the extra yum factor!
Enjoy some Sonic at home!!
Chocolate pie is my favorite of all the the cream pies! What's your favorite?
Sonic Chocolate Shake Pudding Cream Pie - No Bake & Easy
- 1 9- inch prepared refrigerated deep-dish pie crust or your favorite pie crust recipe baked and cooled
- 14 oz. can Eagle Brand sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup milk of choice
- 1- 3.18 OZ. box Sonic Chocolate Pudding or 2 - 3.4 oz. boxes instant chocolate pudding*
- 16 oz. container Cool Whip or whipped topping thawed use 2 cups in filling and remainder on top of pie
- ½ cup grated or shaved chocolate for garnish
- Starting with pie crust, bake it and let it cool completely before adding filling. Can also use pre-made oreo, graham or nilla crust
- Chocolate Pudding Filling:
- In a large bowl, use a mixer or whisk together sweetened condensed milk, milk and pudding mix.
- Fold in 2 cups of whipped topping.
- Pour into prepared pie crust.
- Refrigerate 2 hours to set.
- Garnish with additional 2 cups of whipped cream and shave or grate some chocolate on top.
- Cut and serve. Can also be drizzled with chocolate syrup, salted roasted peanuts or walnuts, cherries, or whatever you wish. So YUM!