How about a seventh heaven boozy, decadent dessert for your holidays? This Ultimate Baileys Chocolate Cream Pie is coming to your rescue!
Lots of Baileys whipped chocolate cream, rich Baileys whipped chocolate mousse, chocolate pudding and an amazing Oreo pie crust is one you'll never forget. Glam it up with some shaved chocolate and some malted milk balls or truffles if you want to take it up a notch.
I happened to be looking in one of the cabinets for some inspiration and spotted some Baileys Irish Cream! I quickly realized this would be wonderful in a holiday dessert. Baileys is so beloved, ya know? It always gets ooohhhs and aaahhhs, no matter what!
That smooth and creamy Irish cream liqueur is an delicious alcoholic beverage flavored with Irish dairy cream, cocoa beans, vanilla extract and Irish whiskey.
Its rich chocolatey taste is undoubtedly a favorite among women...duh... In fact, it was specifically created for women. Baileys creators Gluckman and Jago alluded to it as a “girly drink,” and “a woman’s drink,” respectively, because it's such a boozy, creamy liqueur treat with a warm and cozy kick.
Maybe in the beginning when it was introduced, it was a wildly popular drink for women, but I know plenty of men that adore Baileys as well, especially as an after dinner cordial or in desserts.
It is amazing with coffee, poured over ice and in all kinds of desserts. These Irish Cream Chocolate Boozy Brownies are super delish and these “Lucky” Bailey’s Irish Cream Cupcakes go so well with St. Patrick's Day or birthdays.
For another Ultimate Pie, I recently made this Ultimate Triple Layer Chocolate Brownie Mousse Cream Pie or this Sonic Chocolate Shake Pudding Cream Pie - No Bake & Easy you might enjoy!
This Ultimate Baileys Chocolate Cream Pie really is a show-stopper! Yea, I got fancy with the border, which wasn't that difficult at all, but it will look just as pretty frosted like any chocolate cream pie with your own spin on it and you won't hear any complaints, I assure you!
Ultimate Baileys Chocolate Cream Pie
- Oreo Crust:
- 3 cups Oreo cookies ground (35 cookies)
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- Chocolate Pudding Layer:
- 3.9 oz of Jell-O instant chocolate Pudding, can use sugar-free pudding
- 1 & ⅔ cups milk of choice I used almond milk
- Baileys Chocolate Cheesecake Mousse Layer:
- 1 8 oz. cream cheese softened
- ¼ cup sugar or healthy sugar-free sugar like Lakanto Classic Sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa
- ¼ cup Baileys Irish Cream
- 8 oz Whipped Cream or whip 1 cup of heavy cream to make 2 cups of whipped cream
- Baileys Chocolate Whipped Cream Layer
- 1 ½ cups heavy whipping cream whipped or 3 cups, 12 oz. of whipped topping
- 3 tablespoons Baileys Irish Cream
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder. add more if desired.
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- Grated chocolate Malted Milk Balls
- Oreo Crust:
- Add the ground Oreo crumbs to a bowl and combine with the melted butter using a fork.
- Pour the Oreo crumb mixture into a greased or sprayed with non-stick cooking spray pie pan or springform pan and press into an even layer on the bottom and up the sides. Greasing the pan helps ensures the crust sticking to the pan.
- Chocolate Pudding Layer
- Beat pudding mix and cold milk with whisk 2 min or beat in blender. Pour and spread into pie crust and place in fridge. Pudding will be soft-set in 5 min.
- Baileys Chocolate Cheesecake Mousse Layer
- Using mixer, whip softened cream cheese with sugar, vanilla extract, Baileys and cocoa powder until smooth. Fold in whipped cream until mixed in. (If making whipped cream, whip heavy cream in another bowl until stiff peaks and then fold into cream cheese mixture).
- Place spoonfuls on top of pudding layer placing spoonfuls 1 inch from border to the middle and spread out with the 1 inch border space. Also can place mousse in piping bag or ziplock bag and snip a large hole with scissors and start in middle of pie and pipe mousse onto pie leaving a 1 inch border.
- Baileys Chocolate Whipped Cream Layer
- I prefer to make this with fresh home-made whipped topping, so to do this, whip the heavy cream, Baileys, cocoa powder, powdered sugar together for several minutes to get nice stiff peaks. If using whipped cream, like Cool Whip, add in the other ingredients and mix together and reduce powdered sugar to 2 tablespoons.
- Frost the pie with about ⅓ to ½ of the Baileys Chocolate Whipped Cream on top of the Baileys Chocolate Cheesecake Mousse Layer leaving a one inch border again. Fill a pastry bag and pipe a large star-tipped border of the whipped cream to fill in the 1 inch border to finish the pie out. Also can just frost the pie using a spoon or spatula to spread out on top of pie or use the star tip border on top of the whole pie. It will be delicious no matter what!
- Add grated chocolate (using a grater or peeler, grate your favorite chocolate bar on top of the pie, as much as you’d like) and then add some malted milk balls or truffles, if desired.Refrigerate to set up 2 hours or overnight is best.
Finely crush your cookies.Use a food processor or place the cookies in a plastic bag and roll the sealed bag with a rolling pin to get a fine crush. The crust sticks together best when the cookies are crushed finely.
For a no bake crust (pie or cheesecake), you can refrigerate for 30 minutes before adding your filling. If you are going to bake it, bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes and this crust can also be pressed into a 9x9 inch pan for pie bars or used as a cheesecake crust in a 9-10" springform pan.