Happy Holidays! This Holiday White Chocolate Peppermint Cheesecake Mousse Pie is dreamy, light and creamy and what peppermint dreams are made of and will look lovely on your table.
Our family is divided on peppermint. Half of us love it, half of us don’t.
I’m in the half that doesn’t, if it’s too peppermint-y and sugar-y, I’m out. I’m not into the hard candies, when it comes down to it. My husband doesn’t like peppermint at all either. But, we both liked this.
It’s light and airy. It’s not overwhelming with peppermint candy flavor. It has small bits and pieces of peppermint and this dessert reminds me of those Hershey’s Candy Cane Kisses. Yum!
If you like the taste of those, you know the candy cane bits are subtle, but there’s creamy white chocolate to take over the show, just enough to lure you to keep eating them, because they are that good!
I get commissions for purchases made through links in this post. For more information go to my disclosure policy.)
We have real white chocolate melted and cream cheese whipped into the mousse with a small 1/4 teaspoon of peppermint extract. The graham cracker crust is buttery, thick and very delicious. (It tastes great with the filling.) Then a fluffy blanket of whipped cream and sprinkles of peppermint candy cane on top!
How does this sound for your Christmas dessert? Or one of many desserts?
This is best made the night before, so it sets up!
Holiday White Chocolate Peppermint Cheesecake Mousse Pie is magically wonderfully fluffy, creamy and delish and very decorative for your table!
Holiday White Chocolate Peppermint Cheescake Mousse Pie
1 Graham Cracker Crust, bought or home-made
- 1 and 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs 10 graham crackers, full sheet
- 6 Tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
White Chocolate Peppermint Mousse
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 12 ounces white chocolate chopped
- 1 8 oz block cream cheese softened
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Crushed candy canes
Graham Cracker Crust
- Use a prepared graham cracker crust or mix the graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, and granulated sugar together in a medium bowl until combined.
- Once combined press the mixture into the bottom of the dish or pan and up the sides as far as you want it to go up, it will be thick and fits into a 9 - 10 inch pan.
- Make sure the crust is pressed together tight, you can use the bottom of a measuring cup to press it down firmer.
- Bake this crust for 10 minutes for 7-8 minutes at 350°F. Let cool all the way before adding filling.
- You can also use the option of chilling the crust for 2 hours before using in your recipe.
White Chocolate Peppermint Mousse Filling
- Over medium heat, in a saucepan, heat 3/4 cup heavy cream in saucepan until hot, almost to boiling, but not boiling, then remove from heat.
- Stir in chocolate until it's melted and then stir in peppermint extract and let cool completely.
- In a bowl, using mixer, beat 3/4 cup heavy cream until firm peaks form. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, using mixer, beat the cream cheese until whipped. Set aside.
- Fold the cooled white chocolate mixture gently into whipped cream mixture until combined and then spoon into the cream cheese mixture and continue folding until mixed.
- Pour into prepared graham cracker pie crust.
Whipped Cream & Toppings
- Using an electric mixer, beat 1 1/2 cups heavy cream until stiff peaks form.
- Add powdered sugar and vanilla extract.
- Spread whipped cream over peppermint cheesecake mousse.
- Set in fridge for a few hours to set up.
- Garnish with candy cane crushed bits right before serving.