Amazingly, this cheesecake phenomena was inspired by a can of Dulce de Leche Caramel Flavoured Sauce, when I saw it sitting on the shelf, literally screaming out my name. A
nd from there, the bag of Milky Way Caramel Apple Candy Bars I had at home, came into play and voila!
Milky Way Caramel Apple Cheesecake was born! Can I get a witness? Hallelujah!
Milky Way Caramel Apple Cheesecake
Graham Cracker Crust
- 2 cups cinnamon or regular graham cracker crumbs about 15 whole crackers
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 pkgs cream cheese 8 oz each, softened
- 1 can Eagle Brand® Dulce de Leche Caramel Flavoured Sauce 300mL
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
Caramel Apple Milky Way Topping
- 2 Granny Smith apples or whatever your flavor of choice is, cut into chunks or slices
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 to 1-1/2 cups caramel topping or sauce
- 10 mini size Milky Way Caramel Apple Candy Bars cut into quarters
- Preheat oven to 300°F
- Combine graham cracker crumbs, brown sugar and butter, press firmly onto bottom of 9” springform pan.
- Using a mixer, beat cream cheese until light and fluffy.
- Gradually beat in 1 can of caramel sweetened condensed sauce until smooth.
- Add eggs, flour and vanilla and mix well.
- Pour mixture into baking pan.
- Bake in preheated oven 1 hour. Cake should be a little jiggly in the middle. (It will continue to cook as it cools.)
- Cool thoroughly and then chill 4 hours or overnight.
15 minutes before serving
- Cut up 2 apples and sautee in butter for 5-7 minutes, and let cool.
- Spoon and scatter cooled apples on top of cheesecake and then drizzle the caramel on top of the apples.
- Add chopped Milky Way Caramel Apple Candy bars on top and serve immediately.
Or you can sautee the apples a couple minutes longer.
Cheesecake hitting your radar? You might like these!