Amazingly, this cheesecake phenomena was inspired by a can of Dulce de Leche Caramel Flavoured Sauce, I saw it sitting on the shelf, literally screaming out my name. And from there, the bag of Milky Way Caramel Apple Candy Bars I had at home, came into play and voila!
Speaking of caramel and apples, if you are a major lover of caramel and apples, you might like this delightful Caramel Glazed Apple Crumble Coffee Cake or these Easy ‘Blinged Out’ Caramel Apples as well!
Milky Way Caramel Apple Cheesecake was born! Can I get a witness? Hallelujah!
Cheesecake hitting your radar? You might like these!
Milky Way Caramel Apple Cheesecake
Graham Cracker Crust
- 2 cups cinnamon or regular graham cracker crumbs about 15 whole crackers
- ½ cup butter melted
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 pkgs cream cheese 8 oz each, softened
- 1 can Eagle Brand® Dulce de Leche Caramel Flavoured Sauce 300mL
- 4 eggs
- ⅓ cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
Caramel Apple Milky Way Topping
- 2 Granny Smith apples or whatever your flavor of choice is, cut into chunks or slices
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 to 1-½ cups caramel topping or sauce
- 10 mini size Milky Way Caramel Apple Candy Bars cut into quarters
- Preheat oven to 300°F
- Combine graham cracker crumbs, brown sugar and butter, press firmly onto bottom of 9” springform pan.
- Using a mixer, beat cream cheese until light and fluffy.
- Gradually beat in 1 can of caramel sweetened condensed sauce until smooth.
- Add eggs, flour and vanilla and mix well.
- Pour mixture into baking pan.
- Bake in preheated oven 1 hour. Cake should be a little jiggly in the middle. (It will continue to cook as it cools.)
- Cool thoroughly and then chill 4 hours or overnight.
15 minutes before serving
- Cut up 2 apples and sautee in butter for 5-7 minutes, and let cool.
- Spoon and scatter cooled apples on top of cheesecake and then drizzle the caramel on top of the apples.
- Add chopped Milky Way Caramel Apple Candy bars on top and serve immediately.
Or you can sautee the apples a couple minutes longer.