October marks the beginning of the most beautiful season of the year! One of the most favorite and popular ingredients in its peak of the season, is pumpkin! Yay!!
These Soft Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bars fall right into place, I would say!
This recipe is pretty versatile.
If you want a healthier bar, add those oats! If you want them to be more blondie-ish, omit an egg. I love that! Add a combination of peanut butter chips and chocolate chips.
This recipe was adapted from Delish Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars which are super, super yummy too!! If you love a healthy pumpkin bar, you really need to try these Pumpkin Cranberry Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Bars!
I have no problem scarfing any of these down and not feeling guilty about it.
(Well, unless I eat the whole pan of bars.) (Who me?)
You can't go wrong with a large pan of these amazing Soft Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bars, ever! C'mon, go make a batch!
Pumpkin Lovers Unite with these!
Soft Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bars
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- ⅓ cup white sugar
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour If not using oats, use 2 cups of flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats optional
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips save out ½ for sprinkling on top
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.In a large bowl, cream together butter, brown sugar, white sugar for several minutes and then add pumpkin and beat in until smooth.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time until well blended.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, pumpkin spice and salt together in a bowl, then pour and stir into the wet mixture and mix until just combined.
- Mix in the oats and 1 & ½ cups chocolate chips until just combined.
- Spread into 2 8x8 greased pans or a 13x9 greased pan, add saved out chocolate chips and sprinkle on top and bake for 15 to 20 for 2 8x8 pans or 20-25 minutes for 13x9 pan or until just light brown.
- Don't over-bake for best results.
- Cool, cut and store in an airtight container.