Most tempting cookies to stay away from are these outrageously Intense Dark Chocolate Mocha Latte Cookies! Definitely for the serious chocolate and coffee lovers out there looking for a boost of yumminess!
I was in total paradise a few days ago. These thick, soft-batch dark chocolate cookies took me there and all I had to do was bake them and devour them and within minutes I was there…*Pure Mocha Latte Nirvana* from Dove!
Have you tried the Dove Mocha Latte & Dark Chocolate Swirl Chocolates? It’s the ideal chocolate & coffee candy and they are smack dab in the dough of these cookies! They have a balance of woodsy-roasted coffee, rich chocolate and creamy latte flavors and as an added decor, you have those smooth and sleek swirls! Love!
I saw these when I perusing down the candy aisle, like I do every time I go to the store. It’s a ritual. *I peruse.* Then ‘THEY‘ caught my eye and then my heart. Just like that! Ugh…I didn’t even fight it.
If there’s one thing you have to know about me; I’m not a fighter. I just walked away…with the bag OF Dove Mocha Latte & Dark Chocolate Swirl Chocolates. *muhahaha*
A tablespoon or two of strong coffee or espresso powder for a little extra flava kicks it up a notch and WOW!
These are some damn serious, yummy cookies!
Great for Christmas gifts placed in a christmas tins along with some Dove chocolates, perfect for a cookie exchange, holiday parties, book club and mid-night cravings and of course with a Mocha Latte!
Pure Dark Chocolate & Coffee Nirvana! Make these and get rave reviews! 🙂
Intense Dark Chocolate Mocha Latte Cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter 2 sticks, room temperature
- 1½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2⅔ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons Hershey's Special Dark Cocoa Powder
- ¾ teaspoon . baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1-2 tablespoons strong coffee
- 1 cup Ghirardelli 60% bitter semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 bag Dove Dark Chocolate & Mocha Latte Chocolates unwrapped & roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with a baking mat or parchment paper, set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt one stick of butter (about 45 seconds on HIGH). Set aside.
- In a medium size mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Using a mixer, combine the melted and room temperature butter, sugar, and vanilla in a large bowl and beat until light and fluffy (about 2 minutes).
- Add eggs one a time, mixing until incorporated. Add in coffee.
- With mixing speed on low, gradually add the dry ingredients,and mix just until combined.
- Using a spatula, fold in the chocolate chips and Dove chocolate chunks.
- Using a standard size cookie scoop (1.5 tablespoons) or large cookie scoop (1/4 cup) place dough onto the prepared baking sheets.
- Place into the oven and bake for 8-10 minutes for small cookies, 12-14 minutes for large cookies.
- Allow them to cool on the sheets for 3 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
1 1/2 dozen for large cookies
Here are some great baking sheets to use, just in case you’re lazy like me and order everything through Amazon and some great cookie baking tips if you want to brush up or learn more.
Psstt.…If you crave chocolate and coffee together, you must take a gander at this delicious Home-made Chocolate Kahlua & Cream Bundt Cake too! Win-Win!