Hey ya'll! I have another chocolate chip recipe that I want to share with you and this is definitely another favorite, best-loved chocolate chip cookie we could not resist sharing! We can never have enough cookie recipes can we?? Nope!!
These are seriously, the most sublime, "Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies"!
These sweet 'perfect' chocolate chip cookies are completely buttery, chewy, thick and chocked full of rich, semi-sweet chocolate chips!
They are a perfect chocolate chip cookie lover's dream! The recipe is simple and it's probably my all-time favorite chocolate chip recipe of all time. If you try them, you might decide this is your go-to chocolate chip cookie too! Let me know!
Look at all that gorgeous melty chocolate!! Aren't you addicted to these gorgeous beauties?
Just a few pointers before you start your perfect chocolate chip cookie baking journey! 🙂
- Follow the directions to a 'T'. I read the comments on Williams Sonoma Taste and some of the issues were flat cookies and too many chocolate chips, so I did decrease the chocolate chips ¼ cup for this recipe, which are still chocked full of chocolate chips. Love Ghirardelli Chocolate Chips. 🙂
- And, secondly to avoid ugly, flat cookies, be sure your butter is room temperature (not melted or even softened), and use a cooler dough vs. warm dough. Just pop it in the refrigerator a bit before baking if it feels warm.
- Chocolate Chip Tips: If you're in chocoholic mode, go the full 2 ¼ cups of chocolate chips as the recipe calls out. If you want to tone down the chocolate chips, just use a lesser amount to your liking. 1 ½ cups is good for those that want chocolate flavor, but not chocolate overload. 🙂
- For more cookie tips go here.
Pssst...Here of our favorite chocolate chip yums you just gotta rock 'n roll!
Even More Chocolate Chip Recipes? YES!
And now...Are you ready for some 'Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies' that taste out of this world?
Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour see notes below
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter see notes below, room temperature
- ½ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ¼ cups semisweet chocolate chips I used Ghiradelli semi-sweet. Use less chocolate chips if you want more cookie and not as much chocolate such as 1 ¼ cups to 1 ½ cups.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or spray with non-stick spray.. (To get best results, use parchment paper)
- In a medium bowl, sift the flour, baking soda and salt together.
- In another large bowl, using an electric mixer at medium speed, beat together the butter, and sugars until smooth and mixed together well.
- Add the egg and vanilla and mix on low speed until mixed in.
- Gradually add the flour mixture and mix in until just incorporated. Do not keep mixing - do not overmix.
- Add chocolate chips and stir with a wooden spoon, again no overmixing, just until incorporated.
- Chill dough if dough is warm.
- Using a small or large ice cream scoop or heaping tablespoon, drop the dough onto the prepared baking sheets, 6 to 8 per pan, depending on size you are making.
- Bake the cookies, 1 sheet at a time, until the bottoms and edges are lightly browned and the tops feel firm when lightly touched,
- Small cookies bake 8-10 minutes
- Large cookies bake 10-13 minutes.
- Let the cookies cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheets, then transfer the cookies to wire racks to cool completely.
- Makes 18 -30 cookies depending on size.
Flour Tips: Don't over-mix cookie batter especially after the flour is added and add it gradually.
Make sure your baking soda is not expired. Chocolate Chip Tips: If you're in chocoholic mode, go the full 2 ¼ cups of chocolate chips as the recipe calls out. If you want to tone down the chocolate chips, just use a lesser amount to your liking.