Get thy fork ready! Indulge in this light & lush Easy No-Bake Coconut Cream Pie! This is just what summer ordered!
This recipe is so easy, it ought to be illegal. First off, use any type of pie crust you would like. I’m partial to an actual pastry pie crust when it comes to old-fashioned cream pies, but any cookie or graham cracker crust would be lovely as well.
I don’t like to make pie crust, so to make it easy on myself, I took the easy route and used a pre-made pie crust. One of these days, I’m told I will come to love making pie crusts. That day hasn’t arrived…yet. I’m more the baking the brownies and cookies type, if you haven’t already noticed.
Anxiously awaiting for the time to get the feels for pie crusts… 🙂
Once you have established your choice of crust and prepared it to fill, it’s time to make the coconut filling for your life to begin. 🙂
It’s no secret, I love using sweetened condensed milk! Especially when it comes to a lot of no bake desserts, like this Easy S’mores Fudge, this “Better Than Sex” Trifle Dessert, this M&M Cookie Dough Bars – No Bake and this Chocolate Cherry Pistachio Rocky Road Fudge is killer!
There’s a lot more, just put “sweetened condensed milk’ in the search bar and you’ll see a slew of recipes that include Eagle Brand sweetened condensed milk. I can’t help myself…it’s the perfect pantry staple.
So for the filling, it’s just 5 ingredients! Sweetened condensed milk, milk, instant vanilla pudding, shredded unsweetened coconut and whipped cream!
Top off the filling with heaping clouds of whipped cream and toasted coconut.
Cream pies aren’t cream pies without a nice, thick layer of whipped cream, let me tell you! It’s a mile high heavenly pie after it’s all said and done. The toasted coconut just takes it up a notch, especially when it’s paired with shredded coconut.
This is the easy pie recipe you’ll be making again and again. Be prepared to be asked to bring this pie to everything! Even angels are appearing to get a taste of this coconut cream pie heaven! Try the banana version too!
Easy No-Bake Coconut Cream Pie!
- 1 9- inch prepared refrigerated deep-dish pie crust or your favorite pie crust recipe baked and cooled
- 14 oz. can Eagle Brand sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup milk of choice
- 2 - 3.4 oz. boxes instant coconut cream chocolate or vanilla pudding
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sweetened coconut (can also use toasted or combination of shredded coconut
- 16 oz. container Cool Whip or whipped topping thawed use 2 cups in filling and remainder on top of pie
- 1/2 cup toasted coconut optional garnish
- Starting with pie crust, bake it and let it cool completely before adding filling.
- Coconut Filling:
- In a large bowl, use a mixer or whisk together sweetened condensed milk, milk, pudding mix, and coconut.
- Fold in 2 cups of whipped topping.
- Pour into prepared pie crust.
- Refrigerate 2 hours to set.
- Garnish with additional 2 cups of whipped cream and toasted coconut.
- Cut and serve.
Recipe from The Gold Lining Girl