These golden, thick and chewy Bakery-Style Milk Chocolate Chip Toffee Pecan Cookies are the ultimate cookies! Loaded with buttery toffee bits, milk chocolate chips and crunchy pecans, these cookies are soft on the inside and a little crispy on the outside. We just can't think of a better combination when you want to impress your discriminating taste-buds!
Milk chocolate has a special place in our hearts and we love using it!
- Strawberry Milk Chocolate Chip Blondie Bars
- Perfect Banana Milk Chocolate Chip Cookies
- OMG! Ultimate Milk Chocolate Cashew Cookies
- Milk Chocolate Hazelnut Brownie Mousse Trifle
- Milk Chocolate Peanut Butter Truffles and these
- Milk Chocolate Fudge Covered Popcorn Bars are just a few of our recipes!
Milk Chocolate is the mellow, velvety, smooth chocolate! YUM!
While milk chocolate and dark chocolate both use cocoa liquor, cocoa butter and sugar, milk chocolate also uses milk powder, to give its creamier taste, texture, and lighter color. No bitterness, just pure chocolate heaven!
More chocolate info required? Check out this Trendy Desserts & Chocoholic Facts EVERY Chocoholic Should Know!
These are great to bake, when you don't want to wait for the butter or eggs to come to room temperature and this recipe makes 18 large cookies using about 3 tablespoons of cookie dough per cookie.
No chilling, unless you want. Chilling will always make your cookies thicker though and you may have to bake a few more minutes. If you are chilling, you should go ahead an scoop your dough balls before they go in the fridge or freezer, because if you don't, it's super hard to scoop, unless you want dough to come to room temperature. I think it's just easier to do it all in one shot and minimize extra work.
Yes, you can make them smaller, depending what you baking them for and size you like. Just reduce the baking time a few minutes in that case.
Toffee and milk chocolate together is like a dream come true. Toffee is a very popular add-in and so are pecans for that matter, especially around the holidays. But of course, we don't rule them out for just the holidays! Cravings work just as well! Shall we party?
Bakery-Style Milk Chocolate Chip Toffee Pecan Cookies
- ½ cup or 1 stick unsalted butter cold from fridge, roughly chopped
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg cold
- 1 and ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- 1 and ½ cups milk chocolate chips or chunks
- 1 cup toffee bits like Heath
- 1 cup pecans
- Optional Sea Salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two baking trays with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, using a mixer, beat together the chopped cold butter and sugar until combined. Add vanilla and egg. Beat until combined, but do not overmix.
- Add flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt, if using, and beat on a low speed until soft cookie dough forms. Add chocolate, toffee and pecans and beat briefly.
- Scoop out cookie dough roughly 2 ½ to 3 tablespoons per cookie, and place on prepared oven trays, leaving room for the cookies to spread, 6 cookies per tray unless you are making smaller cookies.
- Bake cookies for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown. Leave cookies to cool completely.