This Easy Chocolate & Peanut Butter 'Crack' Toffee is amazing for any celebrations and holidays!
What I love about this recipe is, you can add whatever toppings on top to add your special touches. Whether it be sprinkles, roasted salted nuts, peanut butter cups, sea salt, cookie bits, pretzels or for this yummy toffee, the ever-popular and fun M&M'S!
Then if it's holiday specific, use your own creative twists and make it even more fun!
Um...sorry to be the one to break this to ya...BUT. Beware...this so called 'crack' toffee, is addicting, so moderation is always good. But it's very, very rich and so a little goes a long way.
These are kind of nibbler treats for me. Meaning, I just want a couple small nibbles and I'm good, but the rest of the family, it's absolutely addictive to them. They keep going back.
It has that sweet and salty combination because of the saltine crackers being drenched with that brown sugar butter toffee and delicious peanut butter and chocolate melted on top!
Now, that is pretty wonderful and totally festive!
Super great for gifting or adding to your holiday party tray!
Here's the recipe! Enjoy!
Looking for More Treats?
Easy Chocolate & Peanut Butter 'Crack' Toffee
- 1 ½ sleeves single saltine crackers
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup butter unsalted
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup peanut butter chips
- Sprinkles or M&M's
- Sprinkles of sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line an 11x17 baking sheet with the saltine crackers.
- Place in a single layer. Set aside
- In a saucepan over medium heat, mix together brown sugar and butter and bring to a boil, stirring frequently.
- Boil for 3 minutes, not stirring.
- Pour mixture over the crackers. Quickly spread with a rubber spatula and cover all of the crackers.
- Place in the oven and bake for 5-7 minutes.
- Remove and sprinkle chocolate and peanut butter chips evenly over toffee and place toffee back in the oven for 5 minutes, with oven turned off.
- Remove from oven.
- Using a rubber spatula spread the melted chocolate/peanut butter mixture evenly over the toffee.
- Sprinkle immediately with sprinkles, nuts or M&M's. and sea salt. Other additions can be roasted nuts of choice, pretzels or peanut butter cups.
- Put in freezer for 30 minutes or let harden completely before slicing or breaking up.
- Store in an air tight container or ziplock bag.