Pumpkin & butter pecan cake drenched in a sweetened condensed milk, caramel sauce and pumpkin pudding, topped off with fluffy clouds of whipped cream, buttery toffee bits and pecans. It's INSANE!!!
Pumpkin desserts are still rockin' on the blog. The holidays are just around the bend. I don't know about you, but I've been sampling 'oh so many' sweets since Mid-March 2014. That's when I started 'The Baking ChocolaTess' blog. Boy, has time flown by!!
I'm in love with this Pumpkin Putter Pecan Poke Cake. It is sooooo insane! Pumpkin and Butter Pecan together is a real treat!
The pumpkin and butter pecan cake is so moist, it melts in your mouth and the *roll-your-eyes-with-satisfaction* flavors begin just like Violet Beauregarde. Remember that gum-chewing American girl in 'Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory'? She snatches the new type of gum he is working on that doubles as a filling three-course meal! Big trouble happens in that last course.
Hopefully, you don't get the great pumpkin effect from this, like she did as a very large blueberry. A very large pumpkin, hmm? Scary!
Other Pumpkin Goodies you might wanna schmooze just 'cuz...
Pumpkin Butter Pecan Poke Cake! It's Insane!
- 1 box Butter Pecan cake mix
- 14 oz Pumpkin Puree
- 1 teaspoon Pumpkin Pie spice
- 14 oz can fat-free sweetened condensed milk or full flavor
- Caramel Ice Cream Topping or Salted Caramel Topping approx ½ to 1 cup - depending on your preference
- 1 3.4 oz small box instant Pumpkin Pie Jell-O Pudding
- 1 ½ cups Almond Milk (or your choice of milk)
- 8 oz tub Cool Whip
- ¼ cup Heath English Toffee Bits
- ¼ cup Pecans chopped
- Heat oven to 350°. *Spray a 9x9 pan with non-stick spray.
- In large bowl, beat cake mix, pumpkin, and pumpkin pie spice with electric mixer on low speed until moistened and forms a batter, scraping bowl occasionally.
- Spread batter into pan. (Batter will be thick and it won't seem like you will have enough batter, but it does raise.)
- Bake 30-40 minutes until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let cool for about 10 minutes after baking. Using the bottom of a wooden spoon, poke holes all over on the top of the cake.
- Pour the sweetened condensed milk over the cake, filling in all the holes until gone.
- Take the caramel sauce and pour or squirt some caramel into each of the holes on the cake. Don't go overboard, a little goes a long way.
- Pour the instant pumpkin pudding into a bowl and add your milk of choice and whisk together well.
- Pour pudding over sweetenened condensed milk and caramel layer of cake spreading evenly on top of the cake.and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Spread the Cool Whip over the top of cake.
- Sprinkle the Heath bits and pecans over the Cool Whip, then drizzle some caramel on top of that.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours, or overnight.
- Store cake loosely covered in refrigerator.
OMG!! If you want to make this in a 9x13 pan, the cake will be 1 - ½ inches high, so if you want a taller cake, double the recipe, the thin option isn't as good. I think the second option is better, in my opinion or go with the 9x9 pan.