These decadent Chocolate Kiss Cookies are the perfect addition to your holiday baking this Christmas! Easy to make and fun to eat! Get a glass of cold milk and indulge and don’t forget to save Santa a few! A classic chocolate cookie revelation!
Just biting into these soft, thick and chewy chocolate cookies was amazing and deliciously welcome! They are joyfully rolled in granulated sugar and then topped off with fun milk chocolate kisses at the end of baking. How could we resist a chocolate kiss cookie temptation like this? You're right...we couldn't!!
BTW...These cookies even have the right to be the star of your holiday cookie platter!
You can even gift them to friends and family, that is if you don't eat them all, so have a game plan! They are addictive and could magically disappear! 😉
These chocolate kiss cookies aren’t just for Christmas, ya know?
If you're a chocoholic, that theory goes right out the window and quickly. You can make them year round by changing up the coating of the granulated sugar for sprinkles on the cookies. All the holidays and birthdays can be color coordinated with your special occasion!
You could also use different flavored kisses in the center. Chocolate Marshmallow, candy cane, mint, dark chocolate, caramel, cherry cordial, they have like a ton of flavors, so go nuts, or HUGS (kisses with almonds!)
More Milk Chocolate Love?
These fun chocolate cookies are perfect for any occasion! Let's bake!
Milk Chocolate Kiss Cookies
- ¾ C unsalted butter softened
- ¾ C granulated sugar divided (reserve ¼ cup for coating/rolling cookies
- ½ C light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ C unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 oz semi-sweet chocolate melted ⅓ cup
- 2 C all purpose flour
- Milk chocolate Kisses unwrapped or Kiss flavor of choice
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare 2 baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside. Add ¼ cup granulated sugar to a small bowl, also set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt chocolate in 30 second intervals. Stir after each interval. Repeat until fully melted.
- Using mixer, beat together butter, ½ cup granulated sugar and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla and mix.
- Add in salt and baking powder and mix in.
- Mix in cocoa powder, followed by melted chocolate.
- Add one cup of flour and mix, then add remainder and mix until fully incorporated.
- Using a small or medium cookie scoop, scoop all the dough balls onto one of your baking sheets and place them in fridge for just 5-10 minutes, if your dough is too sticky. (You can also place the cookie dough not rolled into balls for chilling for 15 minutes and then scoop or roll your dough balls out, but sometimes the dough is hard to scoop). Once they have firmed up, remove from fridge and roll balls in granulated sugar. Place sugar coated dough balls on prepared baking sheet, spaced 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Immediately press an unwrapped chocolate kiss into each cookie. Immediately transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool completely and allow chocolate to set in a cool place.
- Once chocolate has completely set, cookies may be stored in an airtight container.
For more dark chocolate flavor, use 60% or dark chocolate instead of semi-sweet chocolate when melting chocolate. Could also use Hershey's special dark cocoa powder. If using medium scoop, you will get less cookies. Small scoop is 1 tablespoon, medium scoop is 1 ½ tablespoons.
Recipe from Baked by Rachel. I couldn't resist! 🙂