Did you know that December 16th is National Chocolate Covered Anything Day? Welcome delicious Milk Chocolate Fudge Covered Popcorn Bars! This post is sponsored by Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk, a product that is always in my pantry and a product I’m honored to feature. All opinions, recipe, and photos are my own. #ad
National Chocolate Covered Anything Day most certainly has to be a much celebrated, favorite day for chocoholics, wouldn’t you say? Being that I am indeed a certified, bonafide chocoholic, it’s true. This day rocks!
So, to honor the occasion, because I could not imagine missing anything covered in chocolate any day of the year, I took one of my favorite treats, marshmallow popcorn bars and covered them with rich milk chocolate fudge, using one of my favorite ingredients, Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk!
Ta-da! Milk + Sugar. That’s it. It adds natural sweetness and a rich, decadent texture to create the perfect base for hundreds of recipes.
If you’ve ever made fudge, you know how popular and super easy it is to incorporate Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk into your favorite holiday recipes, like these Cookie Dough Bars, these Coconut Macaroon Cookies and Easy S’mores Fudge! It’s a cinch!
These fudge covered popcorn bars are so much fun to eat and are a wonderful treat to serve for all kinds of parties, holidays, gifting or for a quick delicious pick-me-up yummy snack.
You can add whatever add-ins you want to customize them each time you make them. I’ve made these so many times now and I’ve added crispy cereals, extra marshmallows, salty peanuts, pretzels, candies, sea salt…the sky’s the limit if you want to go there.
Hope you enjoy and revel in #ChocolateCoveredAnythingDay with #EagleBrand and make these incredible Milk Chocolate Fudge Covered Popcorn Bars! The chocoholics in your life will definitely thank you!
Milk Chocolate Fudge Covered Popcorn Bars
Popcorn Bar Mixture
- 5-7 cups popcorn popped, depending on how crunchy you want & if adding in add-ins, use 5 to 6 cups of popcorn. (I used microwave popcorn)
- Optional Add-ins:
- 2-3 cups cereal like rice krispies or cheerios
- 1 cup salty nuts pretzels or candies or mixture
- ½ cup marshmallows if you love marshmallow chunks
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 10 oz. bag mini marshmallows
Milk Chocolate Fudge Topping
- 11.5 oz bag of milk chocolate chips (1 ½ cups)
- 1 14 oz can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Optional: sea salt
- Line with tinfoil and lightly butter or grease a 9x13'' pan.
Popcorn Bar Mixture
- Measure out popcorn, cereal and any other add-ins you want into a large mixing bowl.
- Place butter in a large saucepan and melt over low heat.
- Once melted, add miniature marshmallows. Stir constantly until marshmallows are melted and mixture is smooth.
- Pour the marshmallow mixture over the popcorn mixture and fold gently to combine well. Mixture will be very sticky.
- Pour mixture into greased pan, spread out and press gently into the pan using fingertips or spatula, Don’t compact the bars too tightly. Let bars cool down before adding fudge layer.
Milk Chocolate Fudge Layer
- Mix the chocolate chips and condensed milk together in a microwavable bowl and microwave for 30 seconds. Stir and repeat microwaving 30 seconds more and stir until smooth and chips are melted. If chips are not melted, microwave for additional 30 seconds, stirring and repeating until smooth. (It usually takes way less than 2 minutes.)
Working quickly, pour the chocolate fudge on top of the popcorn mixture and spread out over popcorn bars. Add sea salt on top if you desire.
- Place popcorn mixture in fridge for 5 minutes to set, then transfer to countertop to continue setting up 20 minutes before cutting. Pull the bars out by gripping the tin foil on sides of pan and place on cutting board, cut and serve. Seal in air-tight container for storing.