Banana and chocolate together in chocolate chip cookies! Yasss!! Perfect Banana Milk Chocolate Chip Cookies for summer-time are the perfect treat featuring bananas and milk chocolate together in yummy chocolate chip cookies!
These delightful and delicious cookies are derived from these Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies, which if you’ve ever been on Pinterest, there’s a good chance you’ve seen them. They’ve been pinned over 1 million times!
But if you’ve never had the pleasure… (wha??) …Trust me, you really need to bake up a batch and see for yourself!! It’s an easy recipe and hot piping cookies 15 minutes later, works really well and makes everyone happy, right? That’s how it works around our house!
Truly exceptional and my all time favorite chocolate chip cookie to make.
So, the only changes are using a banana and omitting the egg and using milk chocolate chips, because milk chocolate and banana is freaking dreamy.
These perfect banana cookies are buttery, chewy, thick and chocked full of rich, milk chocolate chips. Absolutely divine!
I took some of these to my mom and sister a few weeks ago.
We met at my sister’s house, so I brought 2 bags of cookies for each to keep. We were getting ready to go shopping and it was so hot out that day, so we decided to leave them on the counter, so they wouldn’t melt in the car.
But, we forgot to grab a few for the ride to town, so before we left, I ran back into my sister’s house and realized there was only one bag on the counter! Ok…weird!!! Only outside 3 minutes and BOOM!!
It wasn’t hard to figure out though. My sister’s husband was home, spied them and took them. I yelled out to him, but didn’t hear a word.
Or did he? Anyways, it ‘s so typical of him, really. ha!
I always have bananas, because I dearly love bananas and banana desserts and I know I’m not alone!
Here’s just a few of many banana recipes on the blog!
Need more? Just put ‘bananas’ in the SEARCH to find your favorites!
Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies has a video and more tips for making perfect chocolate chip cookies like these! YUM!
Perfect Banana Milk Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter see notes below room temperature
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 ripe banana large & mashed well
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups Milk Chocolate Chips I used Ghirardelli
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or spray with non-stick spray.
- In a medium bowl, sift the flour, baking soda and salt together.
- In another large bowl, using an electric mixer at medium speed, beat together the butter, and sugars about 2 minutes and is smooth.
- Add the mashed banana and vanilla and mix on low speed until mixed in.
- Gradually add the flour mixture and mix in until just incorporated. Do not keep mixing - do not overmix.
- Add chocolate chips and stir with a wooden spoon, again no overmixing, just until incorporated.
- Chill dough if dough is warm.
- Using a small or large ice cream scoop or heaping tablespoon, drop the dough onto the prepared baking sheets, 6 to 8 per pan, depending on size you are making.
- Bake the cookies, 1 sheet at a time, until the bottoms and edges are lightly browned and the tops feel firm when lightly touched,
- Small cookies bake 8-10 minutes
- Large cookies bake 10-13 minutes.
- Let the cookies cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheets, then transfer the cookies to wire racks to cool completely.
- Makes 18 -30 cookies depending on size.