If you’re in need of a fancy sweet treat, here’s one you probably already have ingredients for that you can make and serve within the hour.
Soft, creamy peanut butter truffles enrobed in a rich, milk chocolate shell.
I daresay…Don’t they just look decadent? 🙂
Holy smokes! These are delightful! ‘Tis the season to share! 🙂
From my gang to yours! Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!
While the merry bells keep ringing,
May your every wish come true!
Here’s the recipe!
Milk Chocolate Peanut Butter Truffles
Peanut Butter Truffles:
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- Pinch of salt or two
- 1 ½ cups powdered sugar
Chocolate Coating for Truffles:
- 1 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Using a mixer, beat the butter until creamy. Add the peanut butter and salt, and beat until smooth and combined. Add the powdered sugar, and beat on low until combined. The mixture will be crumbly, which is what you want.
- Roll the dough mixture into 1-inch balls and place on a baking tray lined with parchment paper or a silicone mat. You should have about 20 - 25 balls. refrigerate for 40-50 minutes or more.
- Take your peanut butter balls out of the fridge and get ready to coat them.
- Add the chocolate chips to a microwave-safe bowl, and heat in 20 second intervals, stirring after each one, until melted and smooth. Leave to cool for a few minutes.
- Dip each peanut butter ball into the melted chocolate, and place each one onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Let truffles set. You can quick-set them to get the chocolate to harden by placing them in the fridge for a 5-10 minutes.