The most ultimate, moist flavorful Banana Cake you've ever tasted, paired with the most ultimate Fluffy Nutella & Toffee Frosting make this combination perfectly divine and irresistible.
You know the drill, right? Bananas are going bad again. You have to make something out of those bananas. This Ultimate Banana Cake with Fluffy Nutella Toffee Frosting would be a good choice, right? Bananas and Nutella...'nuff said!
Yummy! Remember, if you don't get to those ripe bananas today, there's always tomorrow, right? 🙂
So many *ripe banana* recipes to bake, so little time.
There just seems to be so many options, it's hard to narrow it down most of the time for me because I want to taste them all!
Plus, you can freeze ripe bananas and pull them out for recipes such as this, when you get a hankering for Ultimate Banana Cake!
This was our Valentine dessert and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Obviously, my husband noticed how much I 'thoroughly' enjoyed this cake.
He had his nose in the fridge and he yelled out, "Hey, what happened to that dessert! Looks like someone has been eating a lot of cake?"
Why does he notice these things? 🙂
Don't blame me if you do a face dive into this Ultimate Banana Cake like you own it!
If something suspicious happens it disappears quickly, maybe you can blame the dog. 🙂
More Banana Options for YOU!
Ultimate Banana Cake with Fluffy Nutella & Toffee Frosting
Ultimate Banana Cake
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup ripe bananas mashed
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ⅓ cup unsalted butter softened
- 1-⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temp
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup buttermilk
Fluffy Nutella & Toffee Frosting
- ½ cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- ⅔ cup Nutella
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 1-2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream or milk of choice
- ⅓ cup Heath Toffee Bits
- ¼ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Grease and flour a 9x9 round or square pan.
- Mix or whisk flour, baking soda and salt together and set aside.
- Whisk mashed banana with the lemon juice in a small bowl and set aside.
- Using mixer, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs, then stir in vanilla.
- Beat in the flour mixture alternately with the buttermilk until mixed, then stir in banana mixture.
- Before pouring batter into prepared pan, reserve a cup and set aside.
- Pour batter in. (If the cake pan can use more batter, add some or the rest in) Bake in preheated oven for 45-60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove the cake from oven, and transfer to the freezer for 35 minutes. (Bonus 'Moist' Tip!) Or just let it cool on a baking rack until ready to frost.
- Leave cake in pan if you just want to frost it in the pan.
- If you want to frost cake on plate, put plate on top of cake and reverse directions so the bottom of the cake pan is facing up. Pat and shake cake out of pan onto plate. Time to frost!
Fluffy Nutella & Toffee Frosting
- Using a mixer, beat together the butter and powdered sugar on low until well-blended.
- Add the Nutella and increase the speed to medium, beating for two minutes.
- Add the salt and vanilla, then whip for an additional 30 seconds.
- Add the whipping cream and beat for about one minute, until the whipped frosting lightens in color.
- Frost as desired, and sprinkle with Milk Chocolate Toffee Bits by Heath and mini semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- Cut cake and serve!