OMG! Ultimate Milk Chocolate Cashew Cookies! The name says it all. You won't want to miss out on this sweet and salty combination of a cookie! They scream "Hello!!" Just the thought of creamy milk chocolate chips married with lightly salted and freshly roasted cashews sounds delicious in these lovely, thick and chewy cookies! The 'sweet and salty' with the chocolate chip cookies gets us every time. *We cannot escape!*
OMG! Ultimate Milk Chocolate Cashew Cookies definitely have our undivided attention. Be careful, these will temptingly, lure you in, then you'll blame me and I get blamed for enough as it is. Just enjoy and leave me out of the blame game. 🙂
Love OMG! Desserts? Well Here are Some You Might Love!
Actually, I anointed these OMG! Ultimate Milk Chocolate Cashew Cookies, my favorite Christmas cookie for 2015. Last year, it was Peanut Butter Milk Chocolate Chip Shortbread Cookies!! I hope you enjoy them. I hope you and yours have a Merry Christmas from the bottom of my heart! xoxo
OMG! Ultimate Milk Chocolate Cashew Cookies
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 15 tablespoons unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar + 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract or maple syrup
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
- 2 cups Ghiradelli Milk Chocolate Chips
- 1 cup salted roasted cashews roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line baking sheets with parchment paper for the baking to begin!
- In a medium-sized bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt and set aside.
- Using a mixer, In a large bowl combine the butter, sugars, and vanilla or maple syrup and beat until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs and beat until they’re just combined and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Beat the eggs for another 30 seconds with mixer.
- Using a wooden spoon, gently fold in the flour mixture stirring only until the flour begins to disappear.
- Fold in the milk chocolate chips and salted cashews.
- Using a large scoop (¼ cup), scoop out over sized balls of dough and then pat between both hands making them rounder balls.
- Then place dough balls on prepared sheet, 6 per baking sheet.
- Bake for 11-14 minutes, or until golden at the edges but still soft in the middle.
- Let cookies cool for 5 minutes on the sheet before transferring to a wire wrack to cool completely.
- Transfer cookies to a ziplock or sealed storage container.