Are you ready for these ‘Symphony’ Almond Toffee Milk Chocolate Chip Cookies?
Get the party started! They are ready to perform for you, right into your mouth!!
So, have you ever had a ‘Symphony’ bar from Hershey’s?
A ‘Symphony Bar‘ is divinely, blissful creamy milk chocolate packed with crunchy toffee and almonds. *Be still, my heart*
“The name “Symphony” is given to these bars because it is supposed to be a treat to the mouth in the same way music is to the ears.”
I think Wikipedia got it right!
You know putting these candy bars in chocolate chip cookies makes them doubly, sinfully delicious, right?!!
🙂 “Have mercy!!”, as Jesse would say from ‘Full House’. (I always loved that show back in the late 80’s to mid 90’s!) When I reflect back at photos in that time era, literally ‘Flashback’, I was quite the ‘fashionista’! Madonna look-alike clothes from head-to-toe for sure! Hey now! It was a fun era!
If you love chocolate chip stuff, you can try my Soft Batch Chocolate Chip Cookies! Pure Nirvana!, Super Soft Jumbo Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies, Sheet Pan Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars and Disappearing Reese’s Marshmallow Chocolate Chip Blondies!
These cookies are slightly modified from that recipe and they are super-duper!
'Symphony' Almond Toffee Milk Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 14 tablespoons unsalted butter softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2½ cups flour + a few extra tablespoons, see ** in directions below--I used 2 extra tablespoons
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or sea salt
- 1 or 2 Symphony 6.8 oz bars chopped into chunks
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips or semi-sweet
- Optional: Add extra almonds chopped and Heath toffee bits for extra crunch if only using 1 Symphony bar. 🙂
- Optional: Sea salt for sprinkling
- Preheat the oven to 350 and line a few trays with parchment paper or spray with non-stick spray.
- In a metal bowl, place the butter inside the bowl and place in the preheating oven.
- Leave it just for a few minutes, until the butter starts to melt around the outside (approx 1/4 of the butter melted). Take out of oven and let cool for a couple of minutes.
- Add both sugars and beat with a mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add the vanilla and eggs, beating between each addition just until mixed.
- Add the flour, baking soda and salt or sea salt and beat on a low speed, just until combined.
- **If needed, add more flour, a tablespoon at a time, until the dough comes together in a ball and not sticking to the sides of the bowl.
- Fold in the Symphony Bar chunks and the milk chocolate chips until just incorporated.
- Use an ice cream or cookie scoop (1/4 cup for large, 1.5 tablespoons for medium) and drop the dough onto the prepared baking sheets, allowing room for spreading. Pat down cookies just a little and press additional chocolate chips on top of cookie dough if desired.
- Bake one tray of cookies at a time, for 10-12 minutes for large, 8-9 for small. Sprinkle with a little extra sea salt if desired. Don't over-bake and allow to cool on wire rack.
- Makes 1 dozen very large or 2 dozen small cookies.
- Store cookies in air-tight container.