Thank you Thick and Chewy Chocolate Emergency Cookies! You came to the rescue! I declared an emergency and I baked up these tempting, soft, buttery, chewy thick chocolate chip and chocolate bar cookies chocked full of semi-sweet, milk chocolate and dark, dark chocolate! We all need these bad boys when we're in crisis mode!
It's been one of these weeks... Ughhhh!!!! When it rains, it pours, kind of week... You have deadlines, everything is on track and then "BOOM!" You have to deal with multiple people to try to fix your technical problems and not sure any of them can help you, while you fight against time. *deep breaths*
So rather than sulk in the crappiness of my day, I decided to counter-attack my bad day with one of the greatest super powers on the face of earth!
In one word...Chocolate!!!
(Yes it is a super power!)
I’m most productive and creative after a chocolate fix or two. It takes me to a special place called Nirvana. Plus, I didn't stop at just one kind of chocolate in these cookies, because what fun would that be?
These cookies are generously stuffed with dark and milk Chocolate Candy Bar bits, Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Baking Chips and Ghirardelli 60% Bittersweet Chocolate Baking Chips. There's even some some mini chocolate chips sprinkled on top and you can make these as chocolatey or not as chocolatey when you add the chocolate chips and bar bits in the last step before baking.
So next time we all stress out, it is written in the stars, we will eat divine, golden brown Thick and Chewy Chocolate Emergency Cookies! Of course, you don't have to wait for an emergency to bake these up for any ol' reason. Chocoholics know this! Eat them warm if you want ooey-gooey!
If you love chocolate cookies, you'll love these too!
Thick and Chewy Triple Chocolate Emergency Cookies
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 15 tablespoons unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar + 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
- 1 Milk Chocolate Bar like Hershey's, roughly chopped or broken up or chocolate chunks (1 cup)
- 2 Dark Milk Chocolate Bars like Special Dark, roughly chopped or broken up or chocolate chunks (1 cup)
- 1 ½ cup Ghirardelli 60% Bittersweet Baking Chips
- ½ cup Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Baking Chips
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips to sprinkle on tops
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line baking sheets with parchment paper for the baking to begin!
- Using a mixer, In a large bowl combine the butter, sugars, and vanilla and beat until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs and beat until combined and let rest for 2 minutes.
- While the wet mixture is resting, in a medium-sized bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the flour mixture to the wet mixture and mix on medium low until dough comes together.
- Fold in the chocolate candy bar bits and chocolate chips, saving some to press into the top if you want. Otherwise, add in as much as you want.
- Using a large scoop (¼ cup), scoop out dough and release dough onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 11-14 minutes, or until golden at the edges.
- Let cookies cool for 5 minutes on the sheet before transferring to a wire wrack to cool completely.
For some added texture, add some roughly chopped walnuts.