Sheet Pan Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars where have you been all my life? Melty, yummy chocolate chip heaven right out of the oven, (because I can't wait!!) and YUM!
It's been a while since I've baked chocolate chip cookies. I did bake these a few weeks ago, BUT!!! I have been wanting to make chocolate chip cookie bars, sheet cake pan size! Ummm... it's not because I wanted to eat them all. You think you know me so well, don't you? *shrugs shoulders with a look of disbelief* 😉
Ugh...sad truth is, you do! LIKE, no one can resist a huge sheet pan of soft and chewy, lonely-looking, awesomely delicious chocolate chip cookie bars. LIKE EVER. (Unless they're LIKE, really bad! Yikes!)
My husband says I talk like a valley girl sometimes. Can you see why in that last paragraph? 😀
These delectable, delightful sheet pan perfect chocolate chip cookie bars are about a ½ inch thick. Because of the ratio of brown sugar vs. white sugar, these are soft and slightly chewy. They stay soft and chewy and they slice really well.
My secret weapon for these soft-batch cookie bars is Morena® Pure Cane Sugar by Zulka®. The texture is slightly different than regular sugar, like a raw sugar texture, only smaller and it's actual sugar, sourced and dried from sugar cane.
It just has a richness about it. And the best part is, it is GMO-free and can directly substitute white sugar cup-for-cup in recipes. I love using it!! Seriously, try it! It's amazing and I guess you could call it a healthy sugar if you're going to eat sugar as we do! Fewer calories too. Thank you!
But you can use any sugar in these cookie bars. I'm just letting you know I really like Morena and I could tell a difference.
And lastly, I wanted my own recipe of sheet pan perfect chocolate chip cookie bars my way. I didn't want thin, thick or crunchy, hard cookie bars. That's why these are perfect and just right for a crowd for any occasion or just you hiding in a closet, hoarding them to yourself. Been there, done that! Don't judge! Gawd!!!
Besides, I knew after eating a couple or six I had to get these out of the house, or it was going to be closet hoarding experience as mentioned.
Once the Sheet Pan Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars are cut, serve them up or you can freeze them as well for later! These are super fun for summer parties, picnics, and chocolate chip bonding!
More Chocolate Chip Desserts!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars for a Crowd
- 3 cups all-purpose flour don't over measure.
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 ¼ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- ½ cup Zulka Sugar or granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 bag Ghirardelli Semisweet Chocolate Chips + 1 cup Ghirardelli Mini Chocolate Chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a 13x18 sheet pan with parchment paper, spraying the parchment with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In another large bowl, using an electric mixer at medium speed, beat together the butter, and sugars about 2 minutes and is smooth.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and mix on low speed until mixed in.
- Sift the flour, baking soda and salt over the wet mixture and mix together until just incorporated. Do not keep mixing - do not overmix.
- Add bag of chocolate chips in and stir with a wooden spoon, again no overmixing, just until incorporated. Dough will be very thick.
- Spread thick cookie dough out evenly by dropping spoonfuls onto the baking sheet and spread out with fingers or it helps to spray a rubber spatula with non-stick spray. Dough will spread out while baking, so you don't have to get the corners and edges perfect and will appear like you don't have enough, but you will. Sprinkle mini chips to the top of the dough. (You can also have thicker bars with the recipe in the notes. It is not double the recipe, but 1 ½ times the recipe)
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in pan on wire rack. Makes 3-4 dozen bars depending how big you make them.