Sheet Pan Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars where have you been all my life? Melty, yummy chocolate chip heaven right out of the oven, (because I can’t wait!!) and YUM!
These are super fun for summer parties, picnics, and chocolate chip bonding! Of course!!
It’s been a while since I’ve baked chocolate chip cookies. I did bake these a few weeks ago, BUT!!! I have been wanting to make chocolate chip cookie bars, sheet cake pan size!
Ummm…NOOoooo, it’s not because I wanted to eat them all. You think you know me so well, don’t you? *shrugs shoulders with a look of disbelief* 😉
Ugh…sad truth is, you do! But I know you’re right there with me. LIKE, no one can resist a huge sheet pan of soft and chewy, lonely-looking, awesomely delicious chocolate chip cookie bars. LIKE EVER. (Unless they’re LIKE, really bad! Yikes!)
My husband says I talk like a valley girl sometimes. Can you see why in that last paragraph? 😀
These delectable, delightful sheet pan perfect chocolate chip cookie bars are about a 1/2 inch thick and because of the ratio of brown sugar vs. white sugar, these are soft and slightly chewy. They stay soft and chewy and they slice really well.
I thought these were PERFECT! In fact, these are adapted from my Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe.
This post includes affiliate links for Amazon, see my non-disclosure for more and it’s no extra cost for you if you do happen to purchase.
My secret weapon for these soft-batch cookie bars is Morena® Pure Cane Sugar by Zulka®. I’ve been using it for about 6 months and I’ve noticed it makes my desserts taste even better than normal and I prefer it over granulated sugar whenever possible now!
The texture is slightly different than regular sugar, like a raw sugar texture, only smaller and it’s actual sugar, sourced and dried from sugar cane.
It just has a richness about it. I can tell when I’m baking with it, there’s a difference. And the best part is, it is GMO-free and can directly substitute white sugar cup-for-cup in recipes. I love using it!! Seriously, try it! It’s amazing and I guess you could call it a healthy sugar if you’re going to eat sugar as we do! Fewer calories too. Thank you!
And lastly, I wanted my own recipe my way of sheet pan perfect chocolate chip cookie bars. I didn’t want thin, thick or crunchy, hard cookie bars. That’s why these are perfect and just right for a crowd for any occasion or just you hiding in a closet, hoarding them to yourself. Been there, done that! Don’t judge! Gawd!!!
Oh, and this was a fun baking experiment for me, so I knew after eating a couple or six I had to get these out of the house, or it was going to be closet hoarding experience as mentioned.
After cutting them, you can freeze them. You can also make Chocolate Chip Cookie Bar Sundaes! Stack 2 or 3 bars, add a scoop of ice cream and drizzle with your favorite toppings. OMG! Have fun!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars for a Crowd
- 3 cups all-purpose flour don't over measure.
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 1/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Zulka Sugar or granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 bag Ghirardelli Semisweet Chocolate Chips + 1 cup Ghirardelli Mini Chocolate Chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a 13x18 sheet pan with parchment paper, spraying the parchment with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In another large bowl, using an electric mixer at medium speed, beat together the butter, and sugars about 2 minutes and is smooth.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and mix on low speed until mixed in.
- Sift the flour, baking soda and salt over the wet mixture and mix together until just incorporated. Do not keep mixing - do not overmix.
- Add bag of chocolate chips in and stir with a wooden spoon, again no overmixing, just until incorporated. Dough will be very thick.
- Spread thick cookie dough out evenly by dropping spoonfuls onto the baking sheet and spread out with fingers or it helps to spray a rubber spatula with non-stick spray. Dough will spread out while baking, so you don't have to get the corners and edges perfect. Sprinkle mini chips to the top of the dough.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in pan on wire rack. Makes 3-4 dozen bars depending how big you make them.