M&M Chocolate Chip Cookies! There's nothing better than delicious, home-made cookies jam-packed full of chocolate chips and M&M's to celebrate any and all occasions!
Always the hit of the party, these chocolate chip and m&m candy cookies are sweet, soft and chewy with chocolate gratification in every bite! I'm sorry, but what's not to like?
I had an abundance of pastel m&m's and chocolate chips on hand, so what's a girl to do? Make some cookies, yo! Plus we get to bake!
I love seeing how cookie dough turns into gorgeous cookies after having some moments in the oven! It's like magic, except no wand or spells were used! Just a mixer!
The Chocolate Chip & M&M Cookie Ingredients
Just your basic cookie ingredients using flour, granulated sugar, brown sugar, butter, salt, baking soda, cornstarch and an egg, plus the chocolate chips and m&m's. With the correct ratios of each of the ingredients, we make the perfect chocolate chip cookies every time!
This recipe does require a mixer and it's always best to use room temperature butter and eggs, but you can get by with using these ingredients cold out of the fridge, in a pinch and there are ways to hurry the process as well.
To Get the Best Textured Cookies!
Speed things up by cutting the cold butter into 1-inch cubes. Place the butter cubes in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave at 20% power in 10-second intervals until the butter cubes have softened, taking care not to overheat or melt. Perfectly softened room temperature butter should still be slightly cool to the touch.
No chilling the cookie dough, unless you want to bake later or just want a plumped up thickener for your cookies. Most of the time when baking cookies, I like to scoop the dough balls and place them in the fridge for 15 minutes, while the stove preheats.
Just gives them a little more thickness, but it's not necessary, because these cookies will not be super flat, unless you use too softened of butter, too much sugar or not enough flour, or the obvious, the dough is a little too warm. These main culprits, need kicked to the curb, never to return!!
Control how much chocolate you want!
The first batch of cookies I made, I made with no chocolate chip cookies and this is what the cookie dough looks like! So delectable right like it is? But, the second batch I added some Enjoy Life chocolate chips for more chocolate and added less m&m's.
You can control how much chocolate you want when you make your own cookies. The combination of both chocolate chips and the candy coating crunch from the m&m's is amazing! Also opt for white chocolate, milk chocolate or even mint or butterscotch chips for a flavor twist!
Cookies & Timing!
These cookies are ¼ cup or an ice cream scoop full of cookie dough for each cookie. They take 13-15 minutes of baking to get the texture of cookies you are looking for! Add more chips and m&m's to the tops for more decorative touches.
If you want smaller cookies, that is fine, just reduce your baking time, according to your cookie size. For 2 tablespoons, 10-12 minutes and 1 tablespoon, 8-10 minutes. Oven temperatures vary, so keep an eye on them to not over-bake. Cookies will continue baking after they're pulled from the oven.
Time to make the cookies!
More Chocolate and M&M Goodies!
- Easter M&M Chocolate Chip Blondies
- M&M Marshmallow Bars
- M&M Cookie Bars
- Patriotic M&M Party Cookie Bars
- Milky Way Caramel Apple Cheesecake
- Thick & Chewy Chocolate M&M Cookies
- Pumpkin White Chocolate Cookies
- M&M Easter Egg Marshmallow Fudge Brownies
- Peanut Butter M&M Cookies
M&M Chocolate Chip Candy Cookies
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour see notes below
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter see notes below, room temperature
- ½ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips I used Enjoy Life
- 1 cup M&M's
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or spray with non-stick spray.. (To get best results, use parchment paper)
- In a medium bowl, sift the flour, baking soda, cornstarch and salt together.
- In another large bowl, using an electric mixer at medium speed, beat together the butter, and sugars until smooth and mixed together well.
- Add the egg and vanilla and mix on low speed until mixed in.
- Gradually add the flour mixture and mix in until just incorporated. Do not keep mixing - do not overmix.
- Add chocolate chips and stir with a wooden spoon, again no overmixing, just until incorporated.
- Chill dough if dough is warm.
- Using a small or large ice cream scoop or heaping tablespoon, drop the dough onto the prepared baking sheets, 6 to 8 per pan, depending on size you are making.
- Bake the cookies, 1 sheet at a time, until the bottoms and edges are lightly browned and the tops feel firm when lightly touched,
- Small cookies bake 8-10 minutes, medium cookies 10-12 & large ¼ cup cookies bake 13-15 minutes.
- Let the cookies cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheets, then transfer the cookies to wire racks to cool completely.
- Makes 18 -30 cookies depending on size.
Flour Tips: Don't over-mix cookie batter especially after the flour is added and add it gradually.
Make sure your baking soda is not expired. Chocolate Chip Tips: If you want to tone down the chocolate chips, just use a lesser amount to your liking.