These amazing Peanut Butter Cup Explosion Cookies are thick, soft and full of peanut butter flavor that will have you falling in love with them in no time.
Size-able Peanut butter cookies are generously loaded with mini peanut butter cups and peanut butter baking chips and have the perfect balance of sweet and salty! We're in absolute PB heaven!
So, I took my popular ‘Thick ‘n Fudgy’ Chocolate Explosion Cookies and transformed them to peanut butter love, because peanut butter is LOVE, as we have so happily established. These are like the most comforting cookies!
Can someone get me a glass of milk and my blankie? And the remote for the Hallmark Channel? Ahh...this is the life.
Anyways, each of these cookies are about ¼ cups' worth of cookie dough. It makes a large batch, which is great for the holidays, a bake sale or any special event when you feel like celebrating! You get about 36 large cookies.
For a smaller batch, just halve the ingredients in the recipe by adjusting the servings tab. Also if you want to make smaller cookies, you'll get double the cookies. Decisions, decisions...
When making the cookies, there are various ways to make the cookies. I used a 2 tablespoon cookie scoop and doubled a scoop on top of each other and then add some extra pb cups and peanut butter chips to the tops or you could just roll them into balls. You could also use a large cookie scoop.
Make sure you measure the flour correctly, because as most cookie experts will tell you, when you add too much, it will make the cookies hard and crumbly. We do not want that! WE want a soft, yet hearty version, thank you!
So, the real truth.
How do you feel about a relationship with these Peanut Butter Cup Explosion Cookies? Long lasting relationship? Peanut butter lovers say...YES! I could eat these everyday!
For more irresistible Peanut Butter Cookies
Peanut Butter Cup Explosion Cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 2 ¾ cups + 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups Mini peanut butter cups or peanut butter cups chopped, can add more if desired
- 1 ½ cups peanut baking chips reserve more for tops of cookies
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a baking pan with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Using a mixer, cream the butter, sugar, and vanilla until creamy and fluffy.
- Add in the eggs and peanut butter and mix until just combined.
- Add the flour, baking soda and salt to the butter mixture and mix until incorporated.
- Stir in mini peanut butter cups and peanut butter chips.
- Using about ¼ cup or a large scoop, scoop the dough balls out and then roll the dough into even balls.
- Gently press several chips into the tops of the cookies.
- Place on baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes and let sit on baking sheet for one minute before transferring to a cooling rack.
- Place cooled cookies in air-tight container between cookie breaks! Enjoy!