Gooey Caramelitas! O M G...can we just say O M G? These ooey, gooey delicious bars are loaded with chocolate chips, oats and 2 kinds of caramel layered with an oatmeal cookie crust! Heavenly and so delish!
I guess I didn't realize how much I would like these, because I've never made them until now! Big mistake! These are so good, I've been missing out and these are super addictive, so they are dangerous as well!
These bars have everything I love in them! Total drool-worthy!
If you like to pin a lot of desserts or looking for dessert recipes, check out my boards on Pinterest. I'm loaded with dessert love! 🙂
Being on Pinterest, I get inspired by others baking their goodies and in turn, it makes me want to bake it too. Whatever I see...I want to make. Can you blame me? Or are you just the person on the other end waiting to get the baked goodies? 🙂 I'm in it for both ends!
Other gooey caramel desserts that have me drooling! Come drool with me! 🙂
- Outrageous Peanut Butter Caramel Truffle Cookies
- Salted Caramel Chip Apple Blondies
- Ooey Gooey Salted Caramel Butter Cake Bars
- Easy Caramel Heath Cheesecake Pie
- Snazzy Butterfinger Caramel Cookie Bars
- Turtle Caramel Truffle Brownies
- Heavenly Chocolate Caramel Cheesecake Brownie Trifle
I suggest, if you have never made these Gooey Caramelitas, give them a try. Heads up, they are very addictive, gooey with lots of caramel oozing in between oatmeal and chocolate fudge layers and a cookie crust that is to die for. Enjoy!
- 32 caramel squares unwrapped
- ⅓ to ½ cup Marzetti's Old Fashioned Light Caramel Dip or any caramel dip will do. dip optional - for gooey-er
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ¾ cup unsalted butter melted
- ¾ cup brown sugar packed
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- Spray an 8x8 pan with non-stick spray and set aside.
- Combine caramels and heavy cream in a small saucepan over low heat and stir until completely melted and smooth. If you opt for gooey-er - add ⅓ to ½ cup caramel sauce to the caramel mixture, stir in and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine melted butter, brown sugar, flour, oats, and baking soda.
- Place half of the oatmeal mixture into the bottom of the baking pan and pat down.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven and sprinkle chocolate chips over cookie crust.
- Pour caramel mixture over chocolate chips.
- Crumble remaining oatmeal mixture over caramel and return to oven and bake an additional 15-20 minutes, until the edges are lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and cool completely before cutting.
- Ooey Gooey Deliciousness!!
Thanks so much Kristen!
Thank you so much for the feature! 🙂
Kristen from The Road to Domestication says
Oh my gosh. I knew I needed these before I even saw the whole post LOL Thanks so much for taking the time to link up with us over at the #HomeMattersParty - we hope to see you again on Friday!
Wow. I picked this as my fav post from last week's Teach Me Tuesday party. I will feature it this week.
Thanks so much for linking up with us!!
Have an awesome week 😉
Thank you Megan! I do hope you enjoy them!
Megan @ Involuntary Adulthood says
These look way too good. Can't wait to try them. Thanks for sharing at the Crafty and Delicious Party!
Thanks Cathy! Let me know how it works out! 🙂
Yum, looks delicious! 🙂
Talent Hounds says
My mouth is watering! Stopping by from the Inspire Me Monday hop, come say hi!
Cathy kennedy says
Okay, you convinced me to try this recipe! I love anything that has caramel and chocolate, so this was shoe in with me instantly. 😀
Visiting from Inspire Me Monday!
Whatcha See Is Whatcha Get #BOTB
🙂 They are addicting Teresa!
I want one of these now!