Gooey Caramelitas! O M G...can we just say O M G? These ooey, gooey delicious bars are loaded with chocolate chips, oats and 2 kinds of caramel layered with an oatmeal cookie crust! Heavenly and so delish!
I guess I didn't realize how much I would like these, because I've never made them until now! Big mistake! These are so good, I've been missing out!
I've sure done a lot of drooling because these bars have everything I love! If you like to pin a lot of desserts or looking for dessert recipes, check out my boards on Pinterest. I'm loaded! 🙂
Being on Pinterest, I get inspired by others baking their goodies and in turn, it makes me want to bake it too. Whatever I see...I want to make. Can you blame me? Or are you just the person on the other end waiting to get the baked goodies? 🙂 I'm in it for both ends!
I suggest, if you have never made these, give them a try. Heads up, they are very addictive, gooey with lots of caramel oozing in between oatmeal and chocolate fudge layers and a cookie crust that is to die for. Enjoy!
Other gooey caramel desserts that have me drooling! Come drool with me! 🙂
- 32 caramel squares unwrapped
- ⅓ to ½ cup Marzetti's Old Fashioned Light Caramel Dip or any caramel dip will do. dip optional - for gooey-er
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ¾ cup unsalted butter melted
- ¾ cup brown sugar packed
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- Spray an 8x8 pan with non-stick spray and set aside.
- Combine caramels and heavy cream in a small saucepan over low heat and stir until completely melted and smooth. If you opt for gooey-er - add ⅓ to ½ cup caramel sauce to the caramel mixture, stir in and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine melted butter, brown sugar, flour, oats, and baking soda.
- Place half of the oatmeal mixture into the bottom of the baking pan and pat down.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven and sprinkle chocolate chips over cookie crust.
- Pour caramel mixture over chocolate chips.
- Crumble remaining oatmeal mixture over caramel and return to oven and bake an additional 15-20 minutes, until the edges are lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and cool completely before cutting.
- Ooey Gooey Deliciousness!!