Kick off party-time with this Marvelous Chocolate Chip Party Cookie Cake! It is the ultimate sweet, moist and chewy chocolate chip cookie treat to display to your loved ones how much they really mean to you for all of the birthdays, holidays and special events you have coming up your way on your calendar schedule!
Super yummy and easy to prepare, you can decorate this cookie cake to your heart's content with color-coordinated sprinkles, icing, chocolate chips and any add-ins your might like.
It's not written in stone you have to stick to just chocolate chips btw, you can also add in peanut butter cups, m&m's or even add in about a half cup of sprinkles to funfetti it up!
I used an 8 inch springform pan, for easy removal of the cookie, but if you don't have that, you can use any 8 or 9 inch cake baking pan and line it with parchment paper or tin foil & spray it with non-stick cooking spray. It will be easy to lift out after it's cooled and you can do your decorating thang!
A homemade vanilla buttercream frosting, chocolate buttercream frosting or a cream cheese frosting is excellent to pipe on the border of this cookie cake. You can even flavor your frosting with your favorite extract and tint the frosting with a cool color, by using a color gel of choice.
If you don't want to go to all that trouble of whipping up a frosting, you can easily go buy a premade frosting of your choice and pipe it on top of your cookie cake.
I love using this easy Pillsbury™ Vanilla Flavored Filled Pastry Bags. Anyone can pipe frosting like a pro with Pillsbury™ Vanilla Flavored Filled Pastry Bags. Using the built-in star tip, you can make four distinct designs: stars, rosettes, swirls and waves. It’s all of the fun, none of the fuss. I used the frosting with my Pillsbury™ Frosted Snowmen on a Stick.
You can pipe the frosting as a border or write a personal message or do both.
Scoops of ice cream would be yummy too!
This cookie cake is simply over-the-top and will delight everyone any way you slice it!
Marvelous Chocolate Chip Party Cookie Cake
- 10 tablespoons butter room temperature
- ⅔ cups brown sugar
- ⅓ cup white sugar
- 1 egg + 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 ⅔ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 tub of Frosting of choice or Pillsbury™ Vanilla Flavored Filled Pastry Bags
or your favorite home-made icing
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray an 8 or 9-inch springform pan with nonstick cooking spray and set aside. Can also line an 8 or 9 inch cake baking pan lined with parchment paper or tin foil sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Using a mixer, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and sugar until well combined for 1 -2 minutes. Add the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla extract and mix until fully combined.
- Slowly mix in the dry ingredients and continue mixing until just combined, then mix in the chocolate chips.
- Transfer the cookie dough into the prepared springform pan and spread it out into one even layer.
- Bake at 350°F for 25 minutes for a 9" and 30 minutes for an 8" or until the top of the cookie cake is set and lightly browned.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before removing from the pan.
- Once cooled, decorate cake with frosting by piping frosting and and adding sprinkles for your special occasion.