These healthy 5 Ingredient Flourless Peanut Butter Banana Oat Chocolate Chip Cookies are insanely delicious with just the right amount of delicious flavors of peanut butter, banana, oats and chocolate shining through. Can be made gluten-free and are vegan as well!
Not only are they healthy, they taste amazing. That means you can indulge without all that presumed guilt, smiling and devouring 1 or 3 at a time.
It's kind of like finding hidden treasure when you can latch onto a recipe that tastes good, besides being healthy. Simple to make, has very few ingredients, and even has your favorite ingredients!
Only 5 Ingredients:
Peanut butter, oats, ripe banana, chocolate chips and a sweetener of choice, like maple syrup or brown sugar.
These are so awesome still warm, right after they are baked. They come out golden brown and a little toasty on the outside, soft and moist on the inside, exploding with peanut butter, banana and chocolate flavor.
After a day or more, like most banana cookies, they change color a bit, but they are still tasty as ever. They are amazing warm or cold and can be enjoyed as a breakfast cookie and for snacking pleasures.
I made 2 batches and after eating 2 or so over the course of one day and then the next day again I had 3 for breakfast.
I also came to the conclusion, this was one of those perfect recipes I could keep around the house, and it would satisfy my sweet tooth for sure for all the right reasons. Reluctantly, I gave ½ of them away on the 2nd day, and it was like one of those 'parting is such sweet sorrow' kind of moments.
So good dipped in some milk while warm or cold. A big thumbs up for these Flourless Peanut Butter Banana Oat Chocolate Chip Cookies!
More healthy cookie vibes?
Flourless Peanut Butter Banana Oat Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 cups rolled oats or gluten free rolled oats for gluten-free option
- ½ cup peanut butter of choice use all natural for healthy sugar-free option
- 1 ¼ cups ripe banana mashed
- 1-2 tablespoons maple syrup or brown sugar or xylitol, like Lakanto for healthy sugar-free option
- ½ cup chocolate chips we used Ghirardelli semi-sweet, use dairy-free for sugar-free/dairy-free option
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a large baking tray or cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, add oats, mashed banana and peanut butter and mix well. Mix in chocolate chips, reserving a few to top cookies with if you wish.
- Using a medium scoop, scoop or form 12 balls of dough and place on the lined tray. Add chocolate chips to the tops if desired. These cookies will bake the way you press them down, so you can make them thick or thin. For thinner, bake 8-10 minutes. For thicker, bake for 10-12 minutes. The cookies will firm up as they cool, so let them cool on cooking sheet before transferring to wire rack.