Can we ever have enough dessert recipes with peanut butter and chocolate?
The answer is obvious, so cookies including peanut butter and chocolate are definitely a recipe worth baking up in your cozy kitchen for all your peanut butter cookie lovers. Give a nice warm welcome to these Soft Batch Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies!
I made some of these cookies sugar-coated and some not. After a cookie test, I like a dusting of sugar on these peanut butter cookies and it's really not that much extra sugar, giving the cookies a slight cookie crunch.
This recipe is a copycat of Disneyland's Peanut Butter Cookies if you've ever had the pleasure. But you can make these at home because these cookies taste just equally good as the real Disneyland cookies and will soon become your everyone's favorite.
One of the things I love is, you don't have to chill the dough, so you can bake these up right away. But there's no reason if you want to prep ahead to bake later, go ahead and scoop your dough balls out and roll in sugar. Seal tightly until ready to use, about 2 days. These will also make the cookies even thicker and you'll have to increase your baking time a couple of minutes.
As far as sizes for these cookies, I used a medium cookie scoop and overflow my scoop a little. But you could use a large cookie scoop or even make these super jumbo, golf ball size. Then if you want to coat cookies with sugar, place each ball in some sugar and roll it around to coat your cookie one at a time. Coat light or heavy depending on your preference.
You don't want to over-bake these cookies, so depending on size, start with medium scoop sized cookies at 10-12 minutes. Large cookie scoop - 12-15 minutes and jumbo at 15-18 minutes.
After baking cookies, do not remove from cookie sheet until 5 minutes is up. They are very soft after leaving the oven, so they need to set up before placing on wire rack. If you make the super jumbo cookies, let them set up to 10 minutes.
Soft Batch Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- ½ cup butter softened
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg + 1 egg yolk
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup peanut butter chips ,reserve some for tops of cookies
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips , reserve some for tops of cookies
- ¼ cup sugar for coating cookies
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, peanut butter and sugars together for a couple of minutes.
- Add vanilla and mix.
- Add the eggs and mix together.
- Add in the flour, baking soda and salt to a bowl and whisk together, then add to the wet mixture and stir until completely combined.
- Fold in peanut butter chips & chocolate chips, reserving some for the tops of the cookies.
- Using a medium scoop or scoop of choice, scoop peanut butter dough and place ¼ cup sugar into a small bow. Toss each dough ball in the sugar until completely covered.
- Place cookie scoops on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or sprayed with nonstick cooking spray and gently press each dough ball down to ½ inch thick or can leave as is. Depending on thickness.
- Bake the medium-sized scooped cookies for 10 minutes. For other sizes, bake more or less.
- Remove cookies and allow them to cool on their cookie sheet for about 5 minutes, then move to a wire rack to finish cooling.
- These cookies are very soft. To get that soft batch cookie, you don't want them to over bake or turn brown at all, because they will continue setting up as they cool.