If you’re a cookie freak, like a bunch of cookie monsters I think you are, you have arrived right on schedule for cookies! It’s the right time, right place! 🙂 Seriously, anytime is cookie time, right?
I have many, sweet memories of baking tons of home-made cookies with friends and family, and this cookie recipe is definitely one we cherish.
Thank goodness even on a bad day, cookies always make everything better.
I love good, delicious home-made cookies, and these are some of the BEST-EVER! Tradition of baking cookies for families, has been carried down from generation to generation.
Chewy, nutty, buttery, white chocolate chip cookies chocked full of macadamia nuts. Macadamia nuts are so awesome! Macadamia nuts have a sweet taste and are rich source of energy.
I particularly like using dry roasted salted macadamia nuts with the sweet white chocolate chips for the sweet and salty effect.
These are an extremely popular cookie during the holidays for sure. One of Santa’s favorite cookies for sure!
I even made some with cranberries and the tartness of the cranberries went so well with the Best-Ever White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies, they have been named Best-Ever White Chocolate Cranberry Macadamia Nut Cookies!
Best-Ever White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter 1 stick, room temp or cool
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar packed
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or can add sea salt on top after baking
- 1 cup Ghiradelli White Chocolate Chips or white chocolate chunks, chopped, add more depending on your tastes.
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped roasted salted macadamia nuts
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- In a large mixing bowl using a mixer, cream the softened butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar in a mixer, until smooth and creamy.
- Add the egg and vanilla and mix until incorporated without overmixing.
- Stir in flour, baking soda and salt until just incorporated.
- Stir in white baking chips or bar chunks and nuts.
- Using a large or medium cookie scoop, scoop all the cookie dough cookie balls onto a baking sheet and transfer to refrigerator for 30 minutes for thicker cookies, but can also be baked without refrigerating, just won't be as thick, but still yummy! If longer, cover with plastic wrap, so cookie dough doesn't dry out.
- Place cookie dough balls 2 inches apart from each other and bake until bottoms of cookies are light golden brown. See cookie baking times in notes. Cookies may seem soft and underdone, but they will set upon cooling for chewy cookie texture.
- Cool 5-10 minutes; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.
- Cookies stay fresh when kept in a sealed container at room temperature for 3 - 4 days, or can be frozen for up to two months.
Cookies inspired by my Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies
Some links in this post are my referral links. Read my disclosure policy here. If you do decide to purchase something at Amazon or another retailer after following my link, I receive a small commission, at no additional cost to you, which I use to pay for web hosting and services for this blog.