Enjoy this Southern old-fashioned tender, buttery coffee and pound cake with family and friends for special weekends and brunches! Feeds a crowd, looks elegant and tastes like heaven! Seriously. Like Heaven. Seriously.
As soon as I made the cake, my husband started whining. Pretty much non-stop. Kind of driving me nuts. You know what I mean?
I was hearing....When can I have the cake?? Kimmm...Can I have some coffee cake yet? How long do I have to wait?? Ready yet?? I'm going to get some cake nowwww! Ok??? Nowwww???
Ugh...Just think of that only 20 times over and over...yep, good times! 🙂
But then, it's no wonder with this Streusel Coffee Cake Pound Cake! Beautiful, golden and intoxicating smells of brown sugar, pound cake, vanilla and cinnamon was arousing and swirling through the house.
Oh my Lord! Yum....Mmmm-mmmm
So, after wrapping up the photo shoot, he finally got his wish.
Especially, after he had his cake, all was good. Until the next morning. I woke up to a note placed next to the remaining coffee cake, which was three quarters left, mind you.
The note read..."If you touch my cake, I will hurt you" with mad emojis surrounding the lettering.
My husband has a very humorous side, so I'm gonna chalk that up to his cute way of saying, he loved the cake.
That's how good it is! You really need to try this Streusel Coffee Cake Pound Cake!
Love breakfast or snacking cakes?
Streusel Coffee Cake Pound Cake
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup butter softened
- 8 oz. sour cream or Greek yogurt
- 2 ½ cups sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Middle Brown Sugar Cinnamon Layer:
- ¼ cup brown sugar packed firmly
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Optional: 1 cup pecans finely chopped
- ½ cup brown sugar packed firmly
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup butter softened
- Optional: ¾ cup pecans chopped
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Grease and flour 10 inch tube pan (16 cups) using shortening for the grease and set aside
- In a small bowl, make the Middle Brown Sugar Cinnamon mixture by mixing brown sugar and cinnamon together and set aside.
- In another small bowl, Make the Streusel by mixing together the brown sugar, flour, cinnamon and then cut in the butter using a pastry cutter or fork to get crumbles and set aside.
- In another bowl, add flour and baking soda together, set aside.
- Using a mixer, cream butter until creamy in a large bowl, then add in sugar and mix until fluffy. Add in eggs one a time, mixing in each time. Add vanilla.
- Start alternating the flour mixture and sour cream in the butter mixture starting and ending with the flour, mixing after each addition.
- Pour ½ of the cake batter into prepared baking pan and then sprinkle the Middle Brown Sugar Cinnamon Layer on top.
- Finish adding the rest of the batter, then add the struesel on top and bake 1 hour to 1 hour 20 minutes. Check cake by using a pick to check for doneness.
- Once cake is baked, place cake on wire rack, loosen up sides with knife and let cool for 15 minutes. Release from pan and let cake cool an hour.
- To make glaze, if preferred. take ½ cup to 1 cup confectioners sugar and 2-3 tablespoons cream and milk to make nice glaze and drizzle on top of cake.
- Double the struesel and brown sugar-cinnamon mixture if you want more of that!
- 12 servings.Keep cake covered or sealed for freshness. Cake will last up to 5 days.