I’ve narrowed it down to 3 reasons why you will want to make these Best Lemon Bars over and over again!
Because, really, there are just about a ba-jillion reasons why I could go on and on, but I’ll just make it real simple and break it down for you.
Number 1 Reason:
“Easy to make!” Yeah? Aren’t we always looking for something to taste and impress that’s out of this world, like we slaved hour upon hour, when really it was chalked up to only a few minutes here and a few minutes there?
There are 2 steps to putting these together.
Making the buttery shortbread crust, which takes just a few short minutes to mix up and press into a pan. Pop it in the oven and bake away for 10-15 minutes or so.
Then prepare the lemon layer, which again, takes just a few short minutes and pour it on top of that baked crust, and pop it in the oven and let the lemon bar ‘magic’ begin.
Number 2 Reason:
“They taste freaking amazing!!” The rich tartness of the gooey lemon curd filling, the sweetness of the powdered sugar, the flaky buttery shortbread crust…*sigh*
They practically “melt-in-your-mouth“. It’s got the perfect ratio of bursting citrus flavor. And home-made!! Like who can beat that? Made with real dairy butter, fresh eggs, lemon zest and juice.
Number 3 Reason:
These popular lemon bars are huge crowd-pleasers for your next gathering this spring or summer! They are little bites of heaven bursting with fresh lemon flavor! After making and tasting, I know for sure, you’ll be singing…
“I’m walking on sunshine
And it’s starting to feel good, heyyyy
All right now!”
Yea…you got that song stuck in your head now…don’t ya? That’s what I do… 🙂 You’re welcome!
Other Lemon Bars I’m crushin’ on!
Lemon Bars by Ina Garten @ Food Network
Lemon Bar Recipe by Etta Soucy @ Taste of Home
Lemon Bar Recipe by Dib’s @ Food.com
Best Lemon Bars
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1/2 cup white granulated sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
Lemon Curd Filling
- 4 eggs beaten
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 or 4 large lemons 2/3 cup, juiced
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar for sprinkling
- Optional: Zest of 1 lemon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and set aside a 13x9 pan.
- In a medium bowl, using pastry crust cutter, fork or fingers, mix together softened butter, 2 cups flour and 1/2 cup sugar. Press into the bottom of your baking pan.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden.
- While the crust is baking, in another bowl, whisk together 1 1/2 cups sugar and 1/4 cup flour, then add in the beaten eggs and lemon juice (lemon zest optional) and continue whisking until mixed well. Pour over the baked crust.
- Bake for an additional 20 minutes.
- As the bars cool, they will continue firming up at room temperature for 1 hour, then cover and chill in the fridge for 1 1/2 hours or overnight.
- Cut lemon bars into squares and sprinkle tops with powdered sugar. Addictive!!!