Need a delicious cinnamon fresh toast casserole to feed a crowd at breakfast or brunch? This easy Overnight Cinnamon French Toast Bake is so easy to pull together, you'll wonder why you haven't made it before! It's the ultimate soft custard-like French toast with a super crunchy cinnamon-sugar on top! Just add some maple syrup for the finishing touches!
Watch out, it's addictively yummy! You'll want it every weekend going forward and it's perfect for serving over the holidays for sure!
Here are a few more ideas you can incorporate into your French toast recipe for some change-up fun!
- Add a few tablespoons of RumChata to give it an extra kick! It's a lovely cream liqueur flavored with cinnamon and vanilla, perfect for this dessert French toast bake!
- Use any bread you like! We used French, but you could use sourdough, cinnamon swirl bread, challah, loaf bread of any kind or even some sandwich buns.
- Swap in any non-dairy milk instead of the dairy milk, like almond milk or coconut milk.
- Use your favorite doughnuts or leftover cake instead of bread to take it to the next level! Seriously insane!
- Add some crispy, crumbled bacon or sausage and add it to the mix or add it on top or both.
- Add some of your favorite fruit such as strawberries, blueberries or raspberries as a fresh fruit on top or add it to the mix as well.
Prep everything in 1o minutes or less and refrigerate overnight.
Then assemble everything together in 2 minutes and just pop it in the oven in the morning. The fam will go crazy over this Overnight Cinnamon French Toast Bake and you'll be happy you made it! Plus, the aroma is intoxicating!
Other Yummy Breakfast Ideas?
- Fluffy Loaded Breakfast Bake & Easy Quick Gooey Cinnamon Rolls
- Wild Berry Streusel Crumble Coffee Cake
- Cinnamon Swirl Streusel Coffee Cake for the Weekends! (9×13 Pan)
More Breakfast & Brunch Ideas!
- Strawberry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake
- Streusel Coffee Cake Pound Cake
- Easy Sausage Crescent Roll Bake
- 20 Amazing Easter Brunch Desserts You'll Rise For!
- Pumpkin French Toast
- Caramel Apple Monkey Bread
- 30 Delicious Healthy Oat Recipes
Overnight Cinnamon French Toast Bake
French Toast Bake
- 1 loaf French bread or any bread like challah or sourdough can be used. (about 10 cups worth)
- 7 eggs
- 2 c milk or non-dairy milk
- ½ c heavy cream
- ½ c sugar
- 1 TB vanilla
- ½ c flour
- ½ c brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ c butter cold cut into chunks
French Toast Bake
- Cut loaf into cubes and set aside in a large bowl.
- In another bowl or blender, mix together eggs, milk, heavy cream, sugar and vanilla. Pour evenly over bread and cover bowl with Saran Wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Mix together flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt in a medium bowl or food processor.
- Cut in butter with this mixture until crumbly and place in a Ziploc bag and refrigerate overnight as well.
How to Assemble
- Grease or spray 9x13 baking pan and add soaked bread mixture to baking pan and spread out evenly.
- Sprinkle crumbly mixture evenly over the bread mixture.
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes to 1 hour depending on how soft you like your French toast. I baked mine for 50 minutes an it was awesome. Great the next day as well!
If you love maple, you'll love these Chocolate Maple Cream Truffles!
Michelle | Sift & Simmer says
This French toast bake looks so easy and delicious, Kim! Perfect for lazy Sundays! Yum!
keLly lynns sweets and treats says
Looks so yummy Kim! Who wouldn’t want to wake up to this for breakfast?! Pinning!!
YUM! This will be perfect for New Year's morning! We need a bit of excitement and this French toast is sure to be a hit!!
This looks absolutely fantastic, Kim!! I am drooling as I read your post haha! I have some of my GF cinnamon bread that I bought just before the holidays (I keep it frozen) so I might try this with it. I bet it'll be fantastic!! YUM! Hope you had a great Christmas, my friend! Happy Holidays! 😀