Ready for all kinds of fireworks on the 4th of July 2014? This Patriotic Fudge & Caramel Party Cake is ready to strut it's stuff!
Lovin' the Red, White and Blue, USA! I'm glad to be an American! God Bless the USA!
So, why not celebrate in style? Can't go wrong with decorating with patriotic sprinkles, can you?
This cake is soooo good, it will melt in your mouth, Guaranteed! "Give me cake or give me death!" Kind of what Patrick Henry said, except he said in a speech, "Give me liberty, or give me death!" which helped influence Virginians and events leading to American independence. Yay, Patrick Henry!
Easy, easy recipe consisting of decadent Hot Fudge & Caramel topping drenched and infused into a Devil's Food two layer cake, slathered with rich and creamy Cream Cheese Frosting.
Have I got your attention yet? *Swoon*
Make this for your family to celebrate in style! Here's the recipe! xoxox
Patriotic Fudge & Carmel Cake
- Devil's food cake follow directions on box
- 6 tablespoons hot fudge topping
- 6 tablespoons caramel topping
- 3 ½ cups powdered sugar
- 8 oz cream cheese I used fat-free
- ½ cup butter softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Mini Oreos for bottom border
- Bake the Devil's food cake according to the directions for two round cakes.
- Allow to cool completely.
- When cake is almost cooled, in a medium bowl, cream the butter and cream cheese & together and add in the powdered sugar and vanilla on medium until well-combined. Should be smooth and very creamy.
- Use the back of a wooden spoon to poke holes around the bottom layer of the cake.
- Then fill the holes with 3 tablespoons of caramel and 3 tablespoons of hot fudge. Smooth out hot fudge topping on cake before frosting.
- Spread about ⅓ of the frosting across the bottom layer of the cake, making sure to get the frosting all the way to the edges.
- Next, put the top layer of cake on the bottom layer and use the back of a wooden spoon to poke holes in the cake.
- Then fill holes again with 3 tablespoons of caramel and 3 tablespoons of hot fudge. Smooth out hot fudge topping on cake before frosting.
- Use the remaining frosting to cover the top and spread it along the edges and frost the whole cake.
- Add some decoratives--I added sprinkles and mini oreos.
- Allow to cool for 1-2 hours before serving so the frosting sets.