You’re welcome! 🙂
Apple desserts are the bomb!
The tart apples and sweet buttery, brown sugar crumble topping gives this sweet and decadent coffee cake a wonderful melt-in-your-mouth flavor. Then add that caramel glaze for an added layer of yumminess. Good Lawwwwd!
Now who wouldn’t want that?
It can be served so many ways too. It’s good warmed up, refrigerated, room temperature and even served with ice cream, if your little heart desires. I’ve tried them all (except the ice cream, but that’s a no-brainer, once you try that first bite).
You really need to try this recipe. It’s definitely one of a kind and has a southern charm about it.
So, how about them apples? If you want to know more information on anything about eating, keeping, and growing apples, you need to go to Garden Valley Homestead and visit Sally. Apples are definitely her thing!
Caramel Glazed Apple Crumble Coffee Cake
Apple Crumble Coffee Cake
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup butter softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup caramel dip
- 2 apples any kind, peeled and chopped
- 1¼ cup all purpose flour
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup butter melted
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
- 1/8 cup caramel dip or 2 tablespoons
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Optional: Add sea salt on top to give it the Salted Caramel effect.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Grease or spray with non-stick spray an 9x9 inch baking pan, set aside. You could use a 8x8 if you want a thicker cake, just remember to bake an extra 10-15 minutes.
- In a bowl, whisk together all the crumble dry ingredients, then add the melted butter and vanilla and stir until mixture becomes crumbly and moist.
Apple Crumble Coffee Cake
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and honey for about 2 minutes.
- Add eggs and beat well, then add Greek yogurt and vanilla and continue beating until combined.
- In another bowl, stir together the flour, baking soda, salt, and baking powder and add to the butter mixture, stir until just combined.
- Spread half the batter at the bottom of the pan. Layer will be very, very thin, but will rise in the oven, so don't freak out! 🙂
- Place the 2/3rds of the apple chunks evenly over the batter, then spoon 1/2 cup caramel dip over the apples (warm up in microwave makes it easier) then sprinkle 1 cup of the crumbles over the caramel and apples.
- Spread the remaining batter over the crumbles, with a butter knife as best as you can, then add the rest of the apples and sprinkle the rest of the crumbles on top.
- Bake 35-40 minutes.
- Let cool on baking rack in pan.
- After cake has cooled, whisk together the powdered sugar, caramel dip and milk until mixed well. Put in microwave for 30 seconds and then drizzle over the cake.
- Cut into squares and serve.
Serve for breakfast or snacking.
Add Sea Salt for the Salted Caramel effect.
If you’re an apple addict, you might love these too!
Apple Cinnamon Snickerdoodle Cookie Bars, Country Apple Fritter Muffins, Apple Caramel Toffee Cake and this amazing Awesome Country Apple Fritter Bread!