I'm sooooo loving this Creamy Lemon Coconut Custard Pie! I couldn't make up my mind if I wanted to make an old-fashioned lemon custard pie or a coconut custard pie, so I combined the two ingredients 'lemon' and 'coconut' together and this delicious treasure was created.
If my momma was here in Indiana (instead of Florida), I would totally make this for my Mom for Mother's Day. Totally!! 😉 Here's the recipe, you should make this for you mom if you get to be with her!
Other Custard Pies I'm dreaming about
Creamy Lemon Coconut Custard Pie
- 1 homemade or frozen 9" pie crust deep dish
- 4 large eggs
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract or ½ teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1-13.5 oz can Thai Coconut Milk unsweetened
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1-½ to 2 tablespoons lemon extract or ¼ cup lemon juice
- ¾ cup sweetened flaked coconut adjust to 1 cup if you want more coconut
- Pptional: 1 teaspoon lemon rind
- Preheat oven to 325°F. If using a frozen pie crust, thaw for 15 minutes before baking
- Pre-bake thawed pie crust or your favorite home-made pastry pie crust for 8 minutes by placing beans or weights in on top of foil, placed on top of the crust to keep the crust from bubbling up.
- While pie crust is baking for 8 minutes, using a blender, add in eggs, sugar, vanilla extract, lemon extract, coconut milk, sweetened condensed milk, cornstarch and salt and blend on high for 30 seconds to a minute.
- Sprinkle coconut on pie crust and pour filling into pie crust and transfer pie to oven.
- Bake 50-60 minutes or until the custard is firmly set.
- Cool on wire rack. Serve warm or cold.
Lemon ratio: 2:1 = 2 tablespoons lemon extract =¼ cup lemon juice