I'm sooooo loving this Creamy Lemon Coconut Custard Pie!
I couldn't make up my mind if I wanted to make an old-fashioned lemon custard pie or a coconut custard pie, so I combined the two ingredients 'lemon' and 'coconut' together and this delicious treasure was created.
Everyone loved it and that always makes me happy!
If my momma was here in Indiana (instead of Florida), I would totally make this for my Mom for Mother's Day. Totally!! 😉
(If you don't like lemon, omit it. If you don't like coconut, omit it. It will still be wonderful.)
Here's the recipe, you should make this for you mom if you get to be with her!
Here's the recipe!
Creamy Lemon Coconut Custard Pie
- 1 homemade or frozen 9" pie crust deep dish
- 4 large eggs
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract or ½ teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1-13.5 oz can Thai Coconut Milk unsweetened
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1-½ to 2 tablespoons lemon extract or ¼ cup lemon juice
- ¾ cup sweetened flaked coconut adjust to 1 cup if you want more coconut
- Pptional: 1 teaspoon lemon rind
- Preheat oven to 325°F. If using a frozen pie crust, thaw for 15 minutes before baking
- Pre-bake thawed pie crust or your favorite home-made pastry pie crust for 8 minutes by placing beans or weights in on top of foil, placed on top of the crust to keep the crust from bubbling up.
- While pie crust is baking for 8 minutes, using a blender, add in eggs, sugar, vanilla extract, lemon extract, coconut milk, sweetened condensed milk, cornstarch and salt and blend on high for 30 seconds to a minute.
- Sprinkle coconut on pie crust and pour filling into pie crust and transfer pie to oven.
- Bake 50-60 minutes or until the custard is firmly set.
- Cool on wire rack. Serve warm or cold.
Lemon ratio: 2:1 = 2 tablespoons lemon extract =¼ cup lemon juice
Other Custard Pies I'm dreaming about: