I’m so glad you’re here, so I can share this amazing Quick & Easy Lemon Strawberry Yogurt Pound Cake with you! It is delicious and sweet.
The Greek yogurt keeps it extra moist and the fresh strawberries add a nice sweet tart balance in this light, tender lemon pound cake.
The delectable lemon glaze is to die for!
You won’t be able to resist this classic treat!
Perfect dessert for spring and summer celebrations, breakfast, brunch, snacking or tea time.
This recipe makes 2 loaves or you can make a bundt cake.
BTW…Everyone is going to want this recipe. I took some to work and it got rave reviews. The best part for you is, it’s quick and easy to make.
It takes about 10 minutes to mix it all up. Pop it in the oven and let it do it’s thing.
Lemon glaze it if you want, but if you aren’t a fan of glaze, it’s great either way! Happy Baking!
For more Strawberry recipes, you might love these
Quick & Easy Lemon Strawberry Yogurt Pound Cake
Lemon Strawberry Pound Cake
- 1 cup unsalted butter 2 sticks, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 Tablespoons lemon juice
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour divided
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 8 oz . Vanilla Greek yogurt
- 12 oz . fresh strawberries diced
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 2-3 Tablespoons lemon juice or or 1 teaspoon pure lemon extract
- 2 Tablespoons heavy cream or milk
- Lemon zest optional
Lemon Strawberry Pound Cake
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Coat a bundt pan or 2 loaf pans with cooking spray or grease with butter and flour.
- Sift together the 2 1/4 cups of flour, baking soda and salt. Mix in the lemon zest and set aside.
- With an electric mixer, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in 1 tablespoon lemon juice.
- Alternate beating in the flour mixture and the yogurt, mixing just until incorporated.
- Toss the strawberries with the remaining 1/4 cup of flour.
- Gently mix them into the batter.
- Pour the batter into prepared pan (s).
- Place in the oven and reduce the temperature to 325 degrees F.
- Bake for 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely in the bundt pan, at least an hour and then turn out onto a wire rack. See recipe note for notes on cooling time. For loaves cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pan. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Once cooled whisk together 2 tablespoons of lemon juice, cream or milk and the powdered sugar. Drizzle over the top of the cake.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Use blueberries, raspberries or a combo of blueberries, raspberries and strawberries for a change up of flavors.
Looking for some other Quick Bread yummies?