I'm so glad you're here, so I can share this amazing Quick & Easy Lemon Strawberry Yogurt Pound Cake with you!
This Quick & Easy Lemon Strawberry Yogurt Pound Cake is so delicious, sweet and tangy all at the same time. The Greek yogurt keeps it extra moist and tangy and the fresh strawberries add that nice sweet tart balance in this light & tender lemon pound cake. It's soooooo perfect for the spring and summer season!
Oh...and the delectable lemon glaze is to die for!
It really is like the icing on the cake! It really brings out the citrusy, fresh flavor and compliments the pound cake like it was fate. It had to be!
You won't be able to resist this classic treat! Perfect dessert for spring and summer celebrations, breakfast, brunch, snacking or tea time.
Just remember to extend the pinky with the tea please! 🙂
BTW...Everyone is going to want this recipe. I took some to work and it got rave reviews. The best part for you is, it's quick and easy to make, thank God! It takes about 10 minutes to mix it all up. Pop it in the oven and let it do it's thing and bake it to completion.
For more Quick Bread Tips, check out my “Secret” Baking Confessions for Quick Breads!
One of the most common failures for quick breads is taking the bread out of the oven, thinking it's done, but your beautiful loaf sinks and deflates. The other is over-mixing the batter. Of course, there are a slew of reasons besides these, so if you don't remember anything else, remember these 2 key points.
Lemon glaze it if you want, but if you aren't a fan of glaze, it's great either way! Even a vanilla glaze would be super yum! Happy Baking!
For more Strawberry recipes, you might love these...
Quick & Easy Lemon Strawberry Yogurt Pound Cake
Lemon Strawberry Pound Cake
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour or gluten free flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Optional: Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 cup unsalted butter 2 sticks, softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup or 8 oz. unsweetened Greek yogurt
- 3 large eggs
- 2-3 Tablespoons lemon juice or 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 ½ cups fresh or frozen strawberries diced up
- 1 ½ cups powdered sugar
- 2-3 Tablespoons lemon juice or or 1 teaspoon pure lemon extract
- 2 Tablespoons heavy cream or milk add more if needed
- Optional some Lemon zest
- Optional ½ cup strawberries mashed
Lemon Strawberry Pound Cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Coat a bundt pan, a 9x5 pan or 2 8x4 loaf pans with cooking spray or grease with butter and flour.
- Sift together the 2 ¼ cups of flour (reserve ¼ cup for strawberries) baking soda, baking flour and salt. Mix in the lemon zest and set aside.
- With an electric mixer, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy about 2 -3 minutes.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in lemon juice/extract.
- Alternate beating in the flour mixture and the yogurt, mixing just until incorporated.
- Toss the strawberries with the remaining ¼ cup of flour.
- Gently mix them into the batter.
- Pour the batter into prepared pan (s).
- Transfer to oven to bake.
- Bake for 60-70 minutes for 9x5 or bundt pans, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Bake 35-45 minutes for 2 - 8x4 pans.
- Allow to cool completely in the bundt pan, at least an hour and then turn out onto a wire rack. See recipe note for notes on cooling time. For loaves cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pan. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Once cooled, whisk together 2 tablespoons of lemon juice, cream or milk and the powdered sugar. (add strawberries to glaze if desired) Drizzle over the top of the cake.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.