Hey there! I've got another awesome cake loaf recipe I want to share with you! It's a Country Blueberry Fritter Loaf and it's bursting with fresh blueberries, cinnamon and sugar. It smells amazing! And wait until you taste it! Even more amazing!
Yes, that's what we did. *Gobble, Gobble*. We couldn't help it! It's such a lovely, fluffy, buttermilk cake loaf loaded with blueberries, layers of cinnamon and sugar inside and on top and it's drizzled with an old-fashioned cream glaze. *Swooning yet?*
This Country Blueberry Fritter Loaf is adapted from my Awesome Country Apple Fritter Bread on the blog, that has been so popular on Pinterest! If you liked that bread, you will definitely like this. It's basically the same except with blueberries. 🙂
This is a great way to use some of those fresh blueberries you've recently picked or gotten from the market.
Want some more summer quick breads? Try this Quick & Easy Lemon Strawberry Yogurt Pound Cake, this Tropical Bliss Pineapple Coconut Banana Bread and this amazing Supreme Chocolate & Peanut Butter Banana Loaf!
Country Blueberry Fritter Loaf
Blueberry Fritter Loaf
Cinnamon Brown Sugar Mixture
- ⅓ cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Blueberry Fritter Loaf
- ⅔ cup white sugar
- ½ cup butter softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ¾ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 1 ¼ cup blueberries
Old-Fashioned Creme Glaze
- ½ cup of powdered sugar
- 1-3 tablespoons of milk or cream- depending on thickness of glaze wanted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Use a 9x5-inch loaf pan and spray with non-stick spray or line with foil and spray with non-stick spray to get out easily for slicing.
- Mix brown sugar and cinnamon together in a bowl. Set aside.
- In another medium-sized bowl, beat white sugar and butter together using an electric mixer until smooth and creamy.
- Beat in eggs, 1 at a time, until blended in; add in vanilla extract.
- Combine & whisk flour and baking powder together in another bowl then gradually into creamed butter mixture and mix until just combined.
- Mix buttermilk into batter until just combined. Add blueberries and fold in.
- Pour half the batter into the prepared loaf pan; and then sprinkle half the brown sugar/cinnamon mixture on top of batter spreading it out
- Pour the remaining cake loaf batter over the cinnamon/sugar and repeat sprinkling with the remainder of the sugar/cinnamon mixture on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean, approximately 50-60 minutes.
- To make glaze, mix powdered sugar and milk or cream together until well mixed.
- Let cool for about 15 minutes before drizzling with glaze if you want it to soak in. You can also drizzle with glaze after it's cooled.