This Awesome Country Apple Fritter Bread is one of the top recipes on the blog!
It’s so versatile, delicious and it sure doesn’t last long!
The verdict seems to be, you need to bake two…because the first one will disappear in no time.
I like to use Granny Smith Apples in most of my apple recipes, because I like a little sweet and tart together.
You can use whatever kind of apples you love. But if you need a recommendation for an apple type to use, go here.
Wanna spice it up with the best? I use RawSpiceBar‘s freshly ground cinnamon. It’s sourced from Vietnam, naturally organic and best of all they grind it fresh each week and ship in small batches so I don’t end up using 3 year old, dusty cinnamon anymore :).
You can buy nearly any freshly ground spices direct from their shop or sign up for a spice subscription & get super fresh spices & blends quarterly, with plenty of recipe inspiration! Go to RawSpiceBar for more information!
Check these Apple-icious recipes out too!
Awesome Country Apple Fritter Bread
Brown Sugar/Cinnamon Mixture:
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs room temp
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk or almond milk room temp
- 2 apples any kind, peeled and chopped, mixed with 2 tablespoons granulated sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Old-Fashioned Creme Glaze
- 1/2 cup of powdered sugar
- 1-3 tablespoons of milk or cream- depending on thickness of glaze wanted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Use a 9x5-inch loaf pan and spray with non-stick spray or line with foil and spray with non-stick spray to get out easily for slicing.
- Mix 1/3 cup brown sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon together in a bowl. Set aside.
- Combine & whisk 1 & 1/2 cups flour and 1 & 3/4 teaspoons baking powder together in another bowl and set aside.
- In another medium-sized bowl, beat 2/3 cup granulated sugar and 1/2 cup softened butter together using an electric mixer until smooth and creamy.
- Beat in 2 eggs, 1 at a time, until blended in; add in 1 & 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract.
- Add the flour mixture into creamed butter mixture and mix until blended.
- Mix 1/2 cup milk into batter until smooth.
- Pour half the batter into the prepared loaf pan; add half the chopped apple mixture.
- Sprinkle 1/2 of the brown sugar/cinnamon mixture you set aside earlier, on top of apple layer.
- Pour the remaining batter over apple layer and top with remaining chopped apples, then the remaining brown sugar/cinnamon mixture.
- Lightly pat apples into batter; swirl brown sugar mixture through apples using knife or spoon.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean, approximately 60 minutes.
- To make glaze, mix 1/2 cup powdered sugar and 1 to 3 tablespoons milk or cream together until well mixed. (Place mixture in microwave for 10 seconds to get it pourable if it needs a boost.)
- Let loaf rest in pan for about 15 minutes before removing from pan to let cool off completely on a cooling rack. Drizzle with glaze.
- If you want more glaze, make a double batch. 🙂
Next time I think I would add in walnuts. You can always use other fruit, or you could add in chocolate chips too! (Of course!) Substitutions: I've also substituted this with 1/2 cup Greek Yogurt, 1/3 cup milk of choice and add 1/4 teaspoon baking soda instead of 1/2 cup milk as called out in the bread loaf ingredients. Vegan: Use flax eggs, earth balance and almond milk. Baking options: Bake 30-40 min. for 2 loaf recipe (2 8x4 pans) 15-20 minutes for muffins 50 -60 minutes for one full loaf recipe (9x5 pan)