This Banana Strawberry Walnut Bread is one banana bread that will definitely get everyone’s attention! It’s a beautiful banana loaf loaded with lots of sweet strawberries and crunchy walnuts in each delicious mouthful! Try not to eat the whole loaf ok? 🙂
Bananas are so resourceful! I’m so thankful for them because they are tasty as is, right out of the peel and when you incorporate them into your baking. Who else loves recipes with banana? Especially banana bread!
One of the all time favorite banana breads on the blog is this sour cream banana bread. Have you tried it? It’s a classic!
I used thawed strawberries and drained the juice off before adding it to the bread, but you could also use fresh strawberries.
I normally use fresh fruit or frozen fruit, not thawed. But it worked well to use the thawed berries as long as I drained them, so you don’t have the extra juice. Otherwise, it will take longer to bake, because of the added moisture.
Banana bread as you know makes everyone more cheery. I’m obsessed with banana breads.
Here’s 11 more banana bread recipes I’m sharing with you, because you’re probably obsessed right along with me. 🙂
Strawberry Banana Walnut Bread
- ½ cup applesauce unsweetened (can also use 1 egg if desired)
- 2 large ripe bananas = 1 cup mashed - measured
- 1/3 cup melted vegan butter cooled to room temperature or oil of choice (can also use dairy butter if desired)
- 2/3 cup sugar of choice I used brown
- 1/3 cup almond milk or milk of choice
- 2 cups all purpose flour or gluten free flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup rough chopped walnuts
- 1 1/2 cups strawberries hulled and chopped, or if using frozen, thaw and drain juice for best results.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and spray a 9x5 baking loaf bread pan with non-stick cooking spray or line with parchment paper and grease.
- In a large bowl, mash the bananas with a fork until smooth. Stir the melted vegan butter into the mashed bananas.
- Whisk or stir in the brown sugar, almond milk and applesauce.
- Whisk in the soda and salt to the bowl with the wet ingredients, then add the flour and stir until just combined, making sure you don't over mix.
- Gently fold in the strawberries and walnuts.
- Pour into the prepared pan, place in the center rack of the oven and bake for 55-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let it cool in the pan for a few minutes, then transfer the loaf to a cooling rack. Let the banana bread cool for at least 30 minutes before slicing for nice slices. Serve and enjoy!