It's so moist; balanced mellow banana flavor, not too much, not too little!
Nice texture, buttery tones and it's delish!
Since chocolate is pretty much a staple in our house, of course, some delicious milk chocolate glaze had to be applied and whoa-wee! Boy, was that every delightful!
Don't you just love a nice blanket of decadent milk chocolate glaze with anything, pretty much? *Shaking head, YES!*
Umm...I made a pig of myself. Sorry? Nope, not sorry. 🙂
My thighs probably mad at me though...ugh! If you want to do a lightened up version of pound cake, try this Vanilla Greek Yogurt & Olive Oil Pound Cake and substitute the vanilla Greek Yogurt with banana Greek Yogurt. Drizzle milk chocolate on top if you wish.
So, next time, you get a hankering for a banana and chocolate temptation, you might want to try this Banana Pound Cake & Milk Chocolate Glaze.
It will not disappoint.
If you are a banana and chocolate lover, you're gonna love these too!
Here's the recipe! Enjoy the deliciousness with tea, coffee, breakfast and snacking! Wonderful to share with friends and family!
Banana Pound Cake & Milk Chocolate Glaze
- 1 ½ sticks butter softened
- 1 cups granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs room temp
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup ripe bananas mashed
- 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
Thick Chocolate Glaze
- 1 tub of chocolate Frosting
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp butter softened
- 2-3 tbsp milk of choice
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 and spray with a non-stick spray a 9x5 loaf pan and set aside.
- Using mixer, cream butter until light and fluffy; add sugar and mix until well blended.
- Add eggs one at a time,, each time mixing until fully incorporated, then add vanilla and mix in.
- In another bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- At low speed, add dry ingredients alternately with banana puree.
- Scrape batter into the prepared pan.
- Place in oven and bake until center of cake bounces back when lightly pressed with a finger or a toothpick comes out clean for about 60 minutes.
- Let sit in pan for 15 minutes before removing. Let cool.
- Add chocolate frosting by heating in microwave for 20-30 seconds and stir and pour onto the cake. Let glaze set and serve when ready.
- OR you can make your own:
- Melt chocolate and butter in microwave 20 second increments until melted, approx 2 minutes.
- Using whisk or mixer, add powdered sugar and mix to get a nice consistency to pour over the pound cake.
- Let chocolate set, then slice and devour! YUM!