Since chocolate is pretty much a staple in our house, of course, some delicious milk chocolate glaze had to be applied and whoa-wee! Boy, was that every delightful!
Don't you just love a nice blanket of decadent milk chocolate glaze with anything, pretty much? *Shaking head, YES!*
Umm...I made a pig of myself. Sorry? Nope, not sorry. 🙂
My thighs probably mad at me though...ugh! If you want to do a lightened up version of pound cake, try this Vanilla Greek Yogurt & Olive Oil Pound Cake and substitute the vanilla Greek Yogurt with banana Greek Yogurt. Drizzle milk chocolate on top if you wish.
So, next time, you get a hankering for a banana and chocolate temptation, you might want to try this Banana Pound Cake & Milk Chocolate Glaze.
It will not disappoint.
Here's the recipe! Enjoy the deliciousness with tea, coffee, breakfast and snacking! Wonderful to share with friends and family!
Banana Pound Cake & Milk Chocolate Glaze
- 1 ½ sticks butter softened
- 1 cups granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs room temp
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup ripe bananas mashed
- 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
Thick Chocolate Glaze
- 1 tub of chocolate Frosting
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp butter softened
- 2-3 tbsp milk of choice
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 and spray with a non-stick spray a 9x5 loaf pan and set aside.
- Using mixer, cream butter until light and fluffy; add sugar and mix until well blended.
- Add eggs one at a time,, each time mixing until fully incorporated, then add vanilla and mix in.
- In another bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- At low speed, add dry ingredients alternately with banana puree.
- Scrape batter into the prepared pan.
- Place in oven and bake until center of cake bounces back when lightly pressed with a finger or a toothpick comes out clean for about 60 minutes.
- Let sit in pan for 15 minutes before removing. Let cool.
- Add chocolate frosting by heating in microwave for 20-30 seconds and stir and pour onto the cake. Let glaze set and serve when ready.
- OR you can make your own:
- Melt chocolate and butter in microwave 20 second increments until melted, approx 2 minutes.
- Using whisk or mixer, add powdered sugar and mix to get a nice consistency to pour over the pound cake.
- Let chocolate set, then slice and devour! YUM!