Layers of fluffy, dreamy clouds of cheesecake whipped cream, fresh, ripened, juicy strawberries and fluffy white cake boasts an elegant dessert, that’s a sure show-stopper for summer-time.
We are ‘Summer Elevated’ with these Strawberry Explosion Cheesecake Trifle Desserts.
We’ve basically got Strawberry Shortcake on steroids…not real steroids!
It’s the pumped up Strawberry Shortcake version, ok?
For an added layer of more richness, you can drizzle some chocolate, caramel or strawberry sauce on top and in between layers.
Oh…and if you don’t have strawberries, feel free to pick your favorite *fruit* poison and then divulge this sweet treat. It’s all good in the neighborhood.
Now, I bet you want this recipe, so I’ma share it with ya. Enjoy!
Strawberry Explosion Cheesecake Trifle Desserts
- 1 package white cake mix. already baked and cut into 3/4" squares or angel food cake or cake of choice
- 1 package cream cheese 8 ounces, softened
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream whipped
- 4 cups fresh strawberries quartered
- Optional: Strawberry Chocolate or Caramel Sauce drizzle
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Fold in whipped cream.
- Using 4-6 individual dessert glasses, do a layer of cake cubes, then strawberries, then the cheesecake whipped cream mixture. Repeat layers.
- Top with some strawberries and a small dollop of cheesecake whipped cream.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
- Drizzle with chocolate if desired. .
For the cake, bake in a 9x13 pan or 2 8" rounds.
For the cheesecake whipped cream, you can pipe it on using a pastry bag for the elegant look or just spoon it on for the rustic look. 🙂
Add 2 teaspoons vanilla extract or lemon juice to the cheesecake whipped cream for some extra burst of flavor.
For a little more creaminess, add 1/4 cup of milk to the cheesecake mixture.