I'm a sucker for these delectably delicious Strawberry Cream Cheese Crumble Bars.
I can't resist, so don't even try to stop me. Someone might get hurt in the process and I can't be held responsible for my actions.
Besides, by the time you read this, it will be too late anyways, right?
Although, on second thought, I kind of wish we could do a replay. I almost devoured this whole pan and that's not a good thing....So says my skinny jeans. Those damn skinny jeans!! Always talkin'....
Question? Are there any jeans out there that aren't skinny jeans?
Better question? Are there any skinny jeans out there that don't have holes in them? Just wondered because that's all I could find when I was shopping online. UGH!!! Seems like the more holes, the more they cost, which makes no sense whatsoever, right?
CRAZY, but that seems to still continue to be the ongoing craze that won't die. 🙂
So, skinny jeans with holes or not, let's talk about these Strawberry Cream Cheese Crumble Bars!
They are so perfect for a nice sweet treat with morning or afternoon coffee or after dinner for dessert. Moist, juicy and flavorful, bursting with strawberries, a hint of lemon, baked on top of a vanilla cake crust, with some yummy vanilla cake crumbles and then drizzles of creamy powdered sugar glaze on top. Immeasurably delightful and addicting. Did I say addicting? Certainly can be!
These are really good warm but if you want a little more decadence, add a big ole scoop of ice cream on top of a bar. OMGoodness! It's like a heavenly strawberry cream cheese crumble pie a la mode!
These Strawberry Cream Cheese Crumble Bars will have the family begging for more. These are adapted from my Blueberry & Cream Crumble Bars from a few weeks ago. I guess we couldn't get enough!
Want more Strawberry Guilty Pleasures?
Strawberry & Cream Crumble Bars
- 1 box vanilla cake mix 18.25 oz 1 lb
- ⅓ cup butter room temperature
- 2 eggs divided
- 3 cups fresh strawberries
- 8 oz cream cheese
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Optional: 1 ½ tablespoons lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Spray 9x13 baking pan with cooking spray, or line with foil and spray foil to easily take bars out of pan to cut squares.
- In large bowl, combine butter, one egg and cake mix. Mixture will be very stiff, so you might opt to use your hands (which I did.)
- Reserve 1 cup of cake mixture for crumble topping, set aside.
- Press the remaining cake mixture in the bottom of the pan and bake for 10 minutes.
- While crust is baking, in a mixing bowl using mixer, beat cream cheese, sugar, vanilla, lemon juice and remaining egg until smooth.
- Spread cream cheese mixture over top the partially baked crust.
- Evenly arrange the strawberries over the cream cheese mixture and the sprinkle with remaining crumbles.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until center is set and crumbles on top turn golden brown.
- Cool completely on wire rack.
- Chill approximately 30 minutes before serving.