I named these cookies ‘Thick ‘n Fudgy’ Chocolate Explosion Cookies for very good reason(s). As I may have said a couple hundred thousand times in my life…Chocolate is my thing, my obsession.
I’m truly a Chocoholic ‘ChocolaTess‘! I love to bake, I love chocolate, thus ‘The Baking ChocolaTess’ was born when I decided to start blogging about desserts & Chocolate. It’s basically just a cute little title bestowing my loyalty and passion to ta-daaaa… ‘Chocolate’!
Chocolate is my all time favorite flavor in the whole universe. I don’t care if it’s served alone or with a partner in crime or a big ole’ posse of sweet things. I will always stay ‘true blue’ to my long-time bff Chocolate. In fact, Chocolate has been by my side ever since I can remember. 🙂
These cookies are…pure chocolate explosions of love. These sinful, loaded chocolate cookies are best warm, with a huge glass of milk. Not for the faint of heart if you love chocolate like me. 🙂 Here’s the recipe!
- 1 cup butter. softened
- 1½ cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup Hershey's Spreadable Chocolate
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups Dark chocolate chips, reserve 1/2 cup for tops of cookies
- 1 1/2 cups Milk Chocolate Chips, reserve 1/2 cup for tops of cookies
- Optional: Hershey's Spreadable Chocolate for drizzling
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a baking pan with non-stick spray, parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Using a mixer, cream the butter, sugar, and vanilla until creamy and fluffy.
- Add in the eggs and Hershey's Spreadable Chocolate and mix until just combined.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and mix until incorporated. The dough will be thick.
- Stir in 1 cup of dark and 1 cup of milk chocolate chips.
- Cover dough and place in fridge for 30 minutes or so.
- Using a large scoop, scoop the dough balls out and then roll the dough into even balls. Flatten just a tad and with the 1/2 cups of each of the reserved dark and milk chocolate chips left, gently press several chips into the tops of the cookies.
- Place on baking sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes and transfer to a cooling rack.
- If you want to add some extra chocolate 'oomph', melt some Hershey's Spreadable Chocolate in the microwave for 60 - 90 seconds and spoon into a plastic ziploc bag.
- Snip small hole in tip, squeeze and drizzle back and forth on cookies.
- I made very large cookies, so if you make smaller cookies, adjust time accordingly.
- Warm up cookies in microwave for a warm sweet treat! :) Don't forget the milk!
Here are some other Chocolate Explosions of Love you will probably need in your life! 🙂