Chocolate Lovers, I have the most decadent, sinful Flourless Indulgent Chocolate Cake to ever touch your gorgeous lips and I am kind of freaked out that I haven't shared this with you yet?! This cake is truly magical... No flour is used, yet we have an amazing, super luscious chocolate cake that looks gorgeous and it's Gluten-free! Yay!
Pure Chocolate Heaven here!
It's a super moist, chocolate fudge cake with a very dainty, crisp meringue-ish crust enrobing the cake. It reminds me of a delectable chocolate cloud of heavenly bliss and it's insane with chocolate explosions of love in every bite!
Now, if you have a lover or someone you really want to impress or just want to try a new chocolate indulgence, this is THE ONE to make! It tastes like it has a hot fudge cake texture. I kept mine at room temperature, for about 3 days, but I don't see why you couldn't refrigerate it if you wanted. Try it and let me know what you think!
You can make minis or a single layer cake. I think this is wonderful especially for Valentine's Day coming up, Christmas, Birthdays, you name it....it goes with everything and anything!
If you know anything at all about me...I do chocolate overload sometimes. I try to do desserts in moderation for the most part, but this one was truly hard to stay out of. I even warmed a piece up and loaded it with a big dip of vanilla ice cream. It's outrageously sinful!
It has a nice chocolate balance with the other ingredients involved and for me, that is scary because, I have a real issue with wanting to polish most desserts off in one sitting, and this would be one of them for sure. I could literally eat all of this and not have a chocolate hangover. If you've ever had a chocolate hangover, you know what I mean. If not, lucky you!
Or I try the freezer or fridge 'Hide and Try Not to Seek" method as much as possible, so it's not on the counters, staring at me, reeling me in. 🙂 I'm weak...it's p0-thetic!
Anyways...Look at all that chocolate gorgeousness in this Flourless Chocolate Cake!
I love sprinkling powdered sugar or some unsweetened chocolate powder on top to give it another layer of sweetness and lightness. Plus, it makes it look luxurious, does it not? I liked both and put some of both on some of the cakes too.
For a nice touch, add some colorful berries, whipped cream, ice cream and hot fudge or eat it as is.
Get your Flourless Indulgent Chocolate Explosion Cake on!
More Chocolate Explosion Desserts!
- 'Thick 'n Fudgy' Chocolate Explosion Cookies
- Home-made Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies
- Milk Chocolate Kiss Cookies
- No Bake Mini Triple Chocolate Cheesecakes
- Best Fudgy Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
- Easy No Bake “Death By Chocolate” Cheesecake
- Halloween Black Magic Candy Cake! It’s Insane!
- Sinful Triple Chocolate Fudge Poke Cake
Flourless Indulgent Chocolate Explosion Cake - Gluten Free / Keto Option
- 8 oz semisweet baking chocolate chopped
- 4 oz unsweetened baking chocolate chopped
- ¾ cup unsalted butter cubed
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 6 eggs room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or chocolate extract
- 1 teaspoon espresso powder, optional
- Optional Sprinkling: Powdered sugar or unsweetened baking cocoa as desired
- Heat oven to 325°F. Spray 9-inch springform pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Microwave chocolate and butter in 30 second increments until mixture has melted. Stir in between each increment until it becomes smooth for 2-3 minutes. Stir in espresso powder and vanilla, set aside.
- Using mixer, beat eggs, granulated sugar for 8-10 minutes on medium-high. Mixture will lighten, become thicker and double volume in size.
- Stream in chocolate mixture into egg mixture using a large rubber spatula and mix together until combined. I used the mixer on low to combine it all. You can fold if you prefer, but you have to get it mixed, so if you use the mixer, use it on low speed. Pour into pan.
- Bake about 50-70 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. If you can't tell, shake the pan to see if the cake mixture underneath the top is jiggly. If it is too jiggly, bake and check every 5 minutes until done.
- Cool completely; remove from pan.
- Sprinkle generously with powdered sugar or cocoa before serving. Serve it warm, room temperature or cold, add some berries, ice cream or whipped cream for other options!
- The cake batter will almost completely fill a 9x2-inch round pan. As cake bakes, the top will puff up a little, but much. The top may crack slightly. This is normal and should be expected.
- Use a 9" springform pan for easy removal.
- Can change ratios of chocolate - using more dark than semi-sweet for dark cake temptations, such as ½ (6 oz) semi-sweet & ½ (6 oz) unsweetened or 8 oz unsweetened and 4 oz semi-sweet. Or use all bittersweet/unsweetened chocolate all the way! Adjust sugar if you need to if you use more unsweetened.
- This is a gluten-free dessert. However, if you want to go Keto, use all sugar-free chocolate and use Lakanto Monkfruit Sugar as a substitute for the granulated sugar. The same goes for powdered sugar if you decide to sprinkle it on top.
- Can stir in ¼ tablespoons to ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder to step 2 for a firmer flourless cake.