Chocolate Lovers, I have the most decadent, sinful Flourless Indulgent Chocolate Explosion Cake to ever touch your gorgeous lips and I am kind of freaked out that I haven't shared this with you yet?!
This cake is truly magical... No flour is used, yet we have amazing cake! Yay!
Pure Chocolate Heaven here! It's a super moist, chocolate fudge cake with a very dainty, crisp crust enrobing the cake. It reminds me of a delectable chocolate cloud of heavenly bliss and it's insane with chocolate explosions of love!
If you know anything at all about me...I do chocolate overload *sometimes*. I try to do desserts in moderation for the most part, but this one was truly hard to stay out of.
It has a nice chocolate balance with the other ingredients involved and for me, that is scary because, I have a real issue with wanting to polish most desserts off in one sitting, and this would be one of them for sure.
I could literally eat all of this and not have a chocolate hangover. If you've ever had a chocolate hangover, you know what I mean. If not, lucky you!
Or I try the freezer or fridge 'Hide and Try Not to Seek" method as much as possible, so it's not on the counters, staring at me, reeling me in. 🙂 I'm weak...it's p0-thetic!
Anyways...Look at all that chocolate gorgeousness!
I love sprinkling powdered sugar or some unsweetened chocolate powder on top to give it another layer of sweetness and lightness. Plus, it makes it look luxurious, does it not? I liked both and put some of both on some of the cakes too.
For a nice touch, add some colorful berries, whipped cream, ice cream and hot fudge or eat it as is.
Now, if you have a lover or someone you really want to impress or just want to try a new chocolate indulgence, this is THE ONE to make! It tastes like a hot fudge cake, different texture. I kept mine at room temperature, for about 3 days, but I don't see why you couldn't refrigerate it if you wanted. Try it and let me know what you think!
You can make minis or a large cake. I think this is wonderful especially for Valentine's Day coming up, Christmas, Birthdays, you name it....it goes with everything and anything! Get your Flourless Indulgent Chocolate Explosion Cake on!
Flourless Indulgent Chocolate Explosion Cake
- 8 oz semisweet baking chocolate chopped
- 4 oz unsweetened baking chocolate chopped
- ¾ cup unsalted butter cubed
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 6 eggs room temperature
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon chocolate extract or vanilla extract
- Powdered sugar or unsweetened baking cocoa as desired
- Heat oven to 325°F. Spray 9-inch springform pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Microwave chocolates and butter on High in 1-minute increments until mixture has melted, by stirring in between each increment until it becomes smooth for 2-3 minutes and set aside.
- Using mixer, beat eggs, granulated sugar and extract for 10 minutes on medium-high to high. Mixture will lighten and become thick.
- Add in chocolate mixture with large rubber spatula and mix together until combined. I used the mixer on low to combine it all. You can fold if you prefer, but you have to get it mixed, so if you use the mixer, use it on low speed. Pour into pan.
- Bake about 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool completely; remove from pan.
- Sprinkle generously with powdered sugar or cocoa before serving.
Use a 9" springform pan for easy removal.
Recipe adapted from Betty Crocker
More Chocolate Explosion LOVE?