These Peanut Butter Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches are such a popular summer favorite, we love them! OMGosh! We used to wolf these down all summer long to cool off. Not to mention, they were the ultimate treat because you would get the best of both worlds!
Cookies and ice cream! What could be better? You get that creamy, frosty ice cream sandwiched between two delightful peanut butter cookies.
These are so deliciously yummy. You can change up the ice cream flavors easily. You can even accessorize them with some festive sprinkles or maybe some mini chocolate chips too!
Of course, you know Dad's day is next weekend, right? Right?? I'm happy to remind you. 🙂
And 4th of July is around the corner too...I seriously love these cookie ice cream sammies for both occasions, don't you? Yaaasssss!
What's soooo awesome is, you can make them ahead of time and voila!...pull them from the freezer when you're ready to celebrate and what a way to celebrate!
Every adult and every kid is going to want to have one of these because, let's face it. They are FUN! It brings out the happy faces.
Of course, don't limit yourself to just these holidays. You have all summer to indulge and Live it up with these Peanut Butter Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches!
Want some other easy ice cream ideas for your cookie middles?
- Fresh Fruit Ice Cream
- No-Churn Strawberry Shortcake Ice Cream
- Cinnamon Cheesecake Ice Cream
- Cookie Dough Ice Cream Pie!
- Supreme Chocolate Rolo S’mores Ice Cream
- Healthy Reese's Ice Cream
- Check out Soft Serve Banana Nice Cream for a nice & easy healthy treat!
Other cookie ideas? Sure!
- Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies
- ‘Thick ‘n Fudgy’ Chocolate Explosion Cookies
- OMG! Soft-Batch Mini M&M & Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Also great for birthdays, barbeques, family reunions, pool parties, afternoon or late night snack attacks and more! Try these Fruity Pebbles Ice Cream Sandwiches too!
Peanut Butter Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches
- ½ cup unsalted butter softened
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 ⅓ cups All-Purpose Flour I used King Arthur
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Ice cream softened
- Optional: Sprinkles mini chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease (or line with parchment) two baking sheets.
- Using mixer, beat together butter, sugars, egg, vanilla, and peanut butter until smooth.
- Add the flour, baking soda, and salt to the peanut butter mixture, beating gently until everything is well combined, no flour streaks.
- Drop the cookie dough by tablespoonful or by using a 1 ½ Tablespoon cookie scoop, onto the prepared baking sheets leaving 2" in between each cookie.
- Gently use a fork to flatten each cookie to about ½" thick, making a cross-hatch design.
- Bake the cookies for 12 to 16 minutes, until they're barely beginning to brown around the edges to get best results for soft and chewy peanut butter cookies. Bake longer for crunchy. Remove them from the oven and let set to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes to set up so they don't fall apart.
- Transfer to a wire rack until cooled.
- Place sprinkles in a shallow bowl and set aside.
- Add one heaping scoop of softened ice cream to flat side of one cookie.
- Add second cookie to the top, flat side down, then push down slightly to seal cookies and ice cream together to make a sandwich.
- If ice cream is too soft and squishes out, use a small spatula to scrape around the ice cream and smooth the edges.
- Dip edges of the ice cream sandwich in the sprinkles. Individually wrap sandwich in plastic wrap to freeze for a few hours.
- Yield: about 2 dozen cookies, makes 12 sandwiches