These yummy, stylish Chocolate Fudge White Chocolate Chip Cookies are so full of chocolate fudgy flavor and loaded with rich & creamy white chocolate chips in every bite.
They are quite irresistible! They are an easy chocolate chip drop cookie version, like these classic Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies, except we reversed the butter cookie to chocolate and the semi-sweet chocolate chips to white chocolate chips.
I love eating white chocolate chips by the handful. Quite often, actually for a quick chocolate fix, it does the trick. Of course, by adding them in cookies, creamy white chocolate chips take these to another surprising level, providing these cookies with a delicious mild white chocolate flavor paired with a dark chocolate fudgy brownie-like cookie.
Like I said, irresistible! I love how thick and fudgy they are!
Now, all we need, is a tall glass of cold milk, these cookies and some Hallmark movies, all snuggled in a blankie, without a worry in the world.
Observation? That can be arranged and no need to chill your dough, (unless you want to) so you can have these right in front of your sweet little face in no time.
Of course, this is the time of year cookies are at their peak! These are perfect for gifting and cookie exchanges for sure.
Cookies make the world go round. No doubt about that and just to prove my point, how many times have cookies not made you happy? See what I mean? 🙂
You'll love these and so will your little elves. Chocolate and white chocolate together is amazing!
Chocolate Cookie Cravings!
Enjoy! Chocolate Fudge White Chocolate Chip Cookies - Vegan & GF Options. Let's bake!
Chocolate Fudge White Chocolate Chip Cookies - Vegan & GF Options
- ½ cup unsalted butter, cold or softened use plant-based butter if vegan option
- ¾ cup brown sugar packed
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg or ½ cup applesauce, if vegan option
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour or gluten-free flour measured correctly (scoop and level method)
- ⅔ cup cocoa powder measured correctly and clump free sift if needed (scoop and level method)
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup white chocolate chips plus extra if you want to press in tops of cookies after baked, use vegan chocolate chips if wanting vegan option
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet or two with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, add butter and sugar. Beat with an electric mixer until combined and creamy.
- Add egg and vanilla. Beat again until combined by not overmixing.
- Whisk together flour, salt, baking powder and cocoa powder in a separate bowl and pour into the mixture and beat together on low speed just until a chocolate dough forms.
- Fold in the white chocolate chips.
- Using a medium cookie scoop, (1 & ½ tablespoons), scoop cookie dough onto baking sheet and press some white chocolate chips on top, but don't add more white chocolate chips until they are done baking. This helps the white chocolate chips not to brown on top.
- Leave room for the cookies to spread very slightly. If dough is warm, refrigerate for 30 minutes or so.
- Bake for approximately 8-10 minutes. Gooier for 8 minutes.
- Cookies should be starting to firm up but still soft in the middle. Remove from the oven and press a few white chocolate chips on top if desired. Don't do this before baking, as it will make the chocolate chips toasty colored.
- Let cookies set on cookie tray for a couple of minutes before removing them to cool completely on a wire rack. So good with a glass of milk!
- Allow to cool completely prior to storing.