Easy No Bake “Death By Chocolate” Cheesecake is here. Sinful as ever, doting, rich and creamy chocolate cheesecake, as it sits atop a rich OREO cookie crust and it’s topped with a dark chocolate ganache and dark chocolate sprinkles. It’s to die for! 🙂
‘If I get to choose how I die, I wish to go by way of chocolate and I might as well enjoy myself on the way out, right?!’ Spoken like a true Chocoholic! I should know. This is wayyyy serious!
And this is what happens when you don’t have an oven because your kitchen is getting a make-over! Everyone is Fall baking…except me!
But, I’m OK with that, for the moment, as long as it involves chocolate. 🙂 Especially chocolate cheesecake!
Since Halloween is around the corner, this Easy No Bake “Death By Chocolate” Cheesecake seems real fitting, hence the name.
I suppose if you want to make it more party-scary festive, you could add some “Death by Chocolate” tombstones or fake bloody fingers on top.
Personally, I can’t force myself to eat Halloween foods that look realistically scary and gory!! I get extremely squeamish. So, if I was smart and wanted to diet, this would be the way to go. So, could ya just blind-fold me, so I don’t see that stuff?
But let’s talk about this cheesecake?! It’s extremely perfect for any season, any holiday, or any day of the week!
This is a super, easy recipe to make and anyone that partakes, is going to think you slaved away to make it, because it’s so impressive looking.
It’s beautiful as is but, you could even add some seasonal fresh fruit, candies, nuts and/or whipped cream to give it your own personal touches.
It’s limitless what you can do, once you have a basic chocolate cheesecake recipe, like this.
The hardest part is waiting to eat it. (It’s best to let it sit overnight or up to 6 hours.)
Especially if you’re a chocoholic who loves to indulge in ultra-rich chocolate desserts! It’s pure torture to wait, but totally worth it when you can finally have a slice of pure chocolate heaven touching your lips!
For more extreme chocolate yums, you would absolutely love these Good Housekeeping featured ‘Thick ‘n Fudgy’ Chocolate Explosion Cookies, this Whipped Chocolate Coca Cola Poke Cake, Triple Chocolate Malted Whoppers Brownies, Intense Dark Chocolate Mocha Latte Cookies and this Super-Moist Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Buttercream Frosting, which a family favorite!
Easy No Bake "Death By Chocolate" Cheesecake
- 25 Oreos crushed into crumbs (1 1/2 cups)
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter melted
- 1 and 1/2 cups good quality dark chocolate chips melted and brought to room temperature (I like to use Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Chips)
- 1 and 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon chocolate extract I used Massey Nielson's, but you can use any kind of extract flavoring you want.
- 24 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup good quality dark chocolate chips (I like to use Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Chips)
- Optional: Dark Chocolate Bar grated
- Grease or spray with non-stick spray into the base and sides of a 9" springform pan and set aside.
- Mix together the Oreo crumbs and melted butter until mixed well.
- Press the mixture into the prepared pan and refrigerate while preparing the cheesecake.
- Using a mixer, whip the heavy cream on high speed until it starts to get thick, then add the powdered sugar and chocolate extract to the heavy cream and whip until stiff peeks form.
- In another bowl, using a mixer or whisk together the cream cheese and granulated sugar until well combined and smooth.
- Add the melted chocolate, and mix until well combined. Fold in the whipped cream and fold until chocolate is mixed through.
- Spread the mixture over the Oreo crust and spread top evenly.
- Refrigerate for at least 6 hours - preferably overnight.
- Microwave the chocolate chips in 20 second intervals, stirring after each one, until melted.
- Add heavy cream to melted chocolate and mix together well until smooth and creamy.
- Grate chocolate and sprinkle on edge of cheesecake.
- Spread over the cheesecake.
- Serve and get ready for your chocolate buzz!
Recipe adapted from No-Bake Double Chocolate Cheesecake @ Marsha’s Baking Addiction