It's 90 degrees here and I have Fruity Pebbles that want to be used. Ya see, I bought a huge box of them and they sat for 3 months. So, maybe it's time? Fruity Pebbles Ice Cream Sandwiches, Hello!!!
Do you have good intentions when you get excited because you saw a recipe on Pinterest, that looked so good you pinned to make for later!
You vowed the next time you went to the grocery store, you would get that ONE ingredient (in this case, Fruity Pebbles) that you needed to make it all complete and another one of your *sparkly* bucket list of 'dessert dreams you just gotta have' came true! Yay!!
Uh. Oh. But then, it never transcends? *Shocker!!!* OK...This happens to me ALL of the time! You wouldn't want to see all the
chocolate food in my cupboards. I seem to have an over-abundance of good intentions. 🙂
AND Those dang Fruity Pebbles were just staring me in the face every time I opened up the cupboard, as if they could talk to me like..."Hey! I'm still waiting here?? What up?"
I had probably pinned like 50 or so Fruity Pebble recipes, so I couldn't even remember which one had prompted me to impulse buy when Fruity Pebbles and I made eye contact in the first place! Seriously? I mean they all look so good!
So, I finally caved and made something with those Fruity Pebbles! Yay!
To celebrate summer, I made these cute little sassy Fruity Pebbles Ice Cream Sandwiches and it was just in time to cool off with. Do you remember I said it was 90 degrees? The humidity was 100%. I love this though--not complaining as long as I have air-conditioning and Fruity Pebbles Ice Cream Sandwiches.
The kids will love these! You can make these as big or as small as you want. They are simply adorable. Kind of tastes like a fruity ice cream cone stuffed with yummy vanilla ice cream! Make sure you use fresh Fruity Pebbles. 🙂
Here are some other cereal bars you might love! Sea Salted Caramel Almond Chocolate PB Crispy Bars…Whew! and ‘Awesome’ Peanut Butter Buckeye Rice Krispies <--- My mom's favorite and these Lucky Charm Marshmallow Rice Krispies are really popular!
Fruity Pebbles Ice Cream Sandwiches
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 5 ½ - 6 cups of Fruity Pebbles cereal or any kind of rice cereal works
- Vanilla ice cream softened
- Melt butter in microwave in large microwave bowl, then add marshmallows and microwave for a minute, stir, then microwave another minute until completely melted. Remove from microwave and add cereal and stir until completely coated.
- Pour pebbles cereal mixture into a 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan that's been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Let cereal mixture cool.
- To assemble sandwiches: Using a round cookie cutter, cut out all the circles you want out of the cereal. Sandwich a scoop of ice cream between two marshmallow cereal circles and squish together gently. Serve immediately or store in freezer until ready to eat.
I made mine about 2 - ½ inch circles, so depending on the size you cut out will determine how many you get. Leftovers can be used to make small sundaes with or just eat em up!