Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies! I know it’s after Christmas, but the cookie recipes still keep on going over here at TBC.
We’re kind of cookie, brownie and chocolate obsessed around here, in case you didn’t notice. 🙂 So glad you are here and how do you feel about going into 2018? The New Year…already…wha???
So…Where did the time go? It flew!
After the New Year, I think I need to research some sugar free recipes, low carb and healthy sweets that taste incredible and bring them to you, because as much as I hate to even speak the word…’swimsuit‘, that season will be coming soon.
I, seriously need dessert and less sugar sometimes where it makes sense to use other substitutions that will result in tasty, tasty yums for those times we don’t want to sacrifice taste, but want healthier snack options.
Is anyone else wanting the same thing? If not, don’t worry…I’ll still be bringing out the big guns, like this Milk Chocolate Hazelnut Brownie Mousse Trifle, this Easy No Bake “Death By Chocolate” Cheesecake or these Cinnamon Pumpkin Rolls with Cream Cheese Frosting for comfort, rich-to-die recipes because I can’t help myself.
But for now, let’s dote on these Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies.
Luscious morsels of peanut butter and chocolate chips are bursting inside these rich and chewy, fudgy double chocolate cookies and for an even more peanut buttery kick, drizzles of peanut butter were added. Oh My Gosh!
Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies are another cookie obsession that I must admit, are great for munching on anytime of the year. (Sometimes you don’t need a reason for chocolate and peanut butter, that should be reason enough by itself.)
You can make them smaller or larger. Get out that frosty milk! YUM!
Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup butter room temp
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar tightly packed
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract I used Nielsen-Massey
- 1 3/4 cups Bob's Red Mill all-purpose gluten-free flour or all purpose flour
- 1 and 1/4 cups cocoa powder I like using 1/2 regular 1/2 dark or black cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 heaping cup semi-sweet chocolate chips use more if you want more chocolate flavor
- 1/2 heaping cup peanut butter chips use more if you want more peanut butter flavor
Peanut Butter Drizzle
- 1/2 cup peanut butter chips
- 1/2 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup peanut butter melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet or two with parchment paper.
- Using a mixer, cream butter until light and creamy for 2 minutes.
- Add in sugar and brown sugar and beat until well combined.
- Add in eggs, one at a time, mixing until each is fully incorporated into batter.
- Add in vanilla extract and mix.
- In a separate bowl, combine flours, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt using whisk, no lumps.
- Slowly add dry mixture to wet mixture, mixing until just combined, add in the peanut butter and chocolate chips.
- Using a large cookie scoop, (1/4 cup), scoop cookie dough onto baking sheet.
- Space dough at least 2" apart - 6 per cookie sheet
- Bake for approximately 12 -14 minutes.
- Cookies should be starting to firm up but still soft in the middle.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool on pan on a wire rack for at least five minutes.
- Allow to cool completely prior to storing.
Peanut Butter Drizzle
- Melt peanut butter chips with canola oil in microwavable bowl, for 20 seconds, and then another 15 seconds if needed, stirring well in between.
- Put in ziplock bag, snip end and glaze peanut butter drizzle back and forth across cookies.
- Melt peanut butter in microwave 20 seconds or so and put in ziplock bag, snip end and glaze peanut butter drizzle back and forth across cookies.
- Add sprinkles, let set until drizzle has set.
- Makes approximately 24 cookies.
Want more chocolate and peanut butter cookie love?